Problem with blinkers

Reaction score
Hello again fellows, few months ago you all helped with my Amp gauge meltdown on my 66 newport, ended up wiring in all aftermarket gauges, including fuel gauge too. Now my right fender and front turn signal won't blink, every other blinker works, including right rear, changed bulbs, cleaned grounds etc. Nothing, ,parking light works too. Also cousin gave me a set of nice hubcaps, anybody know what they are from?
20210615_175839.jpg

Hello again fellows, few months ago you all helped with my Amp gauge meltdown on my 66 newport, ended up wiring in all aftermarket gauges, including fuel gauge too. Now my right fender and front turn signal won't blink, every other blinker works, including right rear, changed bulbs, cleaned grounds etc. Nothing, ,parking light works too. Also cousin gave me a set of nice hubcaps, anybody know what they are from? View attachment 466828

Most likely, you have a bad turn signal switch if you are sure the ground is good.. I would start by running a jumper lead from the turn signal housing to the engine block, this insures a for sure ground. Next, take a test light to the terminals inside of the bulb socket, one of them should blink the test light if there is power from the switch to the socket. Be sure the test light also has a good ground. If you do not have power to the bulb socket, either the wiring is open, the firewall plug is corroded, or the switch is bad. You will need to start checking the circuit all the way from the turn signal switch to the turn signal assembly. www.mymopar.com has the wiring diagram to make the process easier. Diagrams are in the Tools/Reference section. Turn signal switches often failed because there was a short someplace that overloaded the switch and caused the contacts in the switch to fail.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I did clean and check all the sockets and connections, how would the rear turn signal work if switch is no good? I pulled and cleaned all firewall connections when I had Amp meltdown. I will try the test lamp , if I'm reading right it should be intermittent flash correct? Thanks

Chech/trace rf turnsignal wires going to bulkhead. Prolly disturbed from the rewire.
From there check power goung up into turnsignal switch and coming out.
The rears have their own harness behind drivers kick panel.
Hubcaps are GM units mid 60's often seen on Tempest LeMans for example.

Thanks Dave, I did clean and check all the sockets and connections, how would the rear turn signal work if switch is no good? I pulled and cleaned all firewall connections when I had Amp meltdown. I will try the test lamp , if I'm reading right it should be intermittent flash correct? Thanks

Yes

They did work after I corrected the meltdown, maybe I missed something under there, guess I'll have to squeeze under again, I do have a full size diagram, so I'll test and trace. That's what I was thinking on the hubcaps, older Pontiac style. They look good though. Thanks

Back