Progress on '64 300

70DartMike

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 1964 Chrysler 300, 4 door hard top, 383, pushbutton 727. The title reads Saratoga 300, which has caused some debate, but being it's a Canadian car I'm accepting it'll be a little strange. I don't know a whole lot about the model yet and I'm open to learning.
I picked the car up for a few bills. It needed brake work all around, a fuel line from the tank, and a tune up. After swapping out the cruddy plugs, it fired right up. The carb needs a rebuild, but it ran for a half hour off a jerry can. I'll hopefully be finishing the brake work this week along with the fuel line. It needs an inspection since it came from Alberta and I'm in BC. It's completely rust free which is a bonus.

Options I've discovered so far are.. factory tinted windows, dual mirrors, radio delete and rear defrost.

As for brake work, I ran new brake lines all the way throughout, installed new wheel cylinders on all 4 corners, and upgraded from a single to dual master.

I basically saved the car from sitting in a field and rotting away.

I basically saved the car from sitting in a field and rotting away.
It should be mandatory to have to adopt at least one dog to keep it from going to the incinerator.
You did good.

:sSig_greetingsthor: .......... :welcome:
Nice car, good colors. Glad to see it has been saved and is receiving the TLC it needs.
The Canadian Saratoga used all the 300 trim. (I like the rectangular wheel too).

Sweet thanks for sharing all the photos and saving the old girl from rotting in the field.

Looks like you made out good! Starting off with a good solid foundation and it looks to be complete.Good luck with getting her back in shape,doesn't look like she needs much.

Thanks guys, so far it's coming along decently.

Pulled out the rusty brake lines, and managed to find the rubber line for the rear brakes at my local parts store. Just one more rear drum to pull apart and replace wheel cylinder and line, and the brakes are finished.
I also pulled out the VERY rusty fuel line and replaced it with new line. No wonder it wouldn't run off the tank.
It'll need a muffler but I may have a used one from another vehicle that'll fit for now.

Hero of the week! Nice save you lucky dog!

Thanks guys. Was the original fuel line 5/16" or 3/8" ? Engine is a 383 2 bbl.

So far I've I pulled out and replaced about 6' of 5/16" fuel line from my Newport, I'd assume that was the MOPAR standard. Also pulled out the original fuel filter which was just about plugged solid even though there was a second fuel filter on the other side of the fuel pump.

So far I've I pulled out and replaced about 6' of 5/16" fuel line from my Newport, I'd assume that was the MOPAR standard. Also pulled out the original fuel filter which was just about plugged solid even though there was a second fuel filter on the other side of the fuel pump.

I didnt see if you pulled the pickup out of the tank? If the lines are that corroded might be a good idea to look at it and the condition of the tank....When I changed the tank in my Fury I replaced the pickup and lines with 3/8. everything was gummed up and the tank was all scale rust inside, the pickup itself was totaly plugged with rust, there was a small hole above the screen that allowed fuel to be pulled theu which is why it ran but like total crap.

Back