Pulling a Fusie home this weekend...

I've had a few Yall Haul trailers. Around $60 a day is a deal.
Once my car hauler got swiped I didn't replace it.

Doing a one way saves the extra fuel it takes to drive to wherever your getting the car, the little extra it costs is worth it. Plus if the car is a no go, you don't have to drag the trailer home.

The trailers you rent aren't always what you'd want to call your own, but, I make em work.

I'm not a fan of trailers like Chris'. I like to see the wheels midway on the deck, The added length for the tongue and the typical distribution of most cars puts the right amount of weight on the hitch. I'm sure that trailer tows great, the wheels being further back reduce the chance of fishtailing but you need to muscle it with a bigger truck, not sure I'd want that trailer behind a F-150.

I think equally important is the hitch ball offset, not all trailers have the same ball height, the proper ball mount offset is needed for the tow vehicle trailer combo. Trailer should be level, they sell the ball mounts in different offsets, I have three so I'm covered depending on the trailer.

I guess I'm just overly cautious when towing. After I'm loaded I go around the block with left and right turns, check everything, after 40-50 miles stop and check everything and again at every stop for gas or food and again when leaving motels.

Alan
You said it. The tow rig makes all the difference in the world. I see too many people pulling boats and trailers with trucks smaller then what they are pulling. You need at least a 3/4 ton to pull most of these older cars and not have to worry about the *** end dragging the ground.

Congrats on the purchase. That car looks great. I would fix it up and take care of it. Don't see them that clean very often.

Congrats on the purchase. That car looks great. I would fix it up and take care of it. Don't see them that clean very often.

The plan is to clean it up enough to sell for the next C body lover to care for.

I can't keep 2 in the corral... :)

I understand you there but, its good you saved it. I'd still fix it up, enjoy it and hopefully it will sell to someone here or overseas rather than the derby crowd.

These cars seem to be highly sought after in Europe these days.

I found one broadcast sheet so far
It shows a 972 axle code
Can anyone shed some light on this?
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had a few Yall Haul trailers. Around $60 a day is a deal.
Once my car hauler got swiped I didn't replace it.

Doing a one way saves the extra fuel it takes to drive to wherever your getting the car, the little extra it costs is worth it. Plus if the car is a no go, you don't have to drag the trailer home.

The trailers you rent aren't always what you'd want to call your own, but, I make em work.

I did the same thing recently. $60 is about what I paid as well. Now if that thing had a winch!

Mr Fix it, great find.

I got her unloaded tonight

The next week coming up will be interesting....

Back