Pushbutton 727 Kickdown Linkage

65Fury440

Reaction score
I'm helping a buddy with a 64 Dodge 440.
He had a guy bail on him halfway through an engine swap from 318-361, and got the car back with no kickdown linkage.
Does the cable trans use a typical one piece kickdown rod? Or something different?
I haven't looked at the trans yet, he's trying to get parts to do the job.
Thanks in advance.

Unless he is determined to have 1000 point resto, I would just put a Lokar cable kit on it. A&A transmission has a $&!/ pile of different repop kickdown linkage kits, but big $$$. I'm pretty sure all V8 cars prior to formals and 73 B bodies all have a 3 piece linkage with pivots an different ends. It can be a real nightmare of parts if your starting from scratch with no donor car.

Thanks for the reply.
He sent me pics, there is a pivot pin on the trans where a bell crank goes, plus the throttle cable is going to be too short.

Oil pan is sitting on center link, headers capture both tie rod ends and engine can't be raised because top of headers are touching torsion bars.
All this to swap to a 361. Should have just built a nice 360, or rebuilt the Poly.

Also needs a park cable for the trans and output flange for trans.

What a mess.

Thanks for the reply.
He sent me pics, there is a pivot pin on the trans where a bell crank goes, plus the throttle cable is going to be too short.

Oil pan is sitting on center link, headers capture both tie rod ends and engine can't be raised because top of headers are touching torsion bars.
All this to swap to a 361. Should have just built a nice 360, or rebuilt the Poly.

Also needs a park cable for the trans and output flange for trans.

What a mess.
He should have swaped in a later model B body K frame 66-70. Those early K frames place the engine high and up front, that's why it is hitting T bars and tie rod ends. Good luck, should have put a 440 in. 361 is not worth the Hassel.

Back