Put this one on the back lot to be picked up later next week….

GJS

Reaction score
After a good 8 years of regretting trading in my 2014 Ram 2500 on a Scat Pack, I put some scratch down on this today:
10A18AB2-6144-479C-B801-A4AA92A95E89.jpeg

A 2018, 2500, diesel 6 sp manual. Just under 20k on the clock. While I’m not super excited to be in the more door truck world, I couldn’t be more happy to be back in ma mopar’s arms… esp as it’s the year before what I consider to be the most sacrilegious “design updates” of late and a manual? It’s also replacing one of the most frustrating trucks I’ve ever owned, a beat to p**s 2010 Ford F 350… was getting super tired of crop dusting soccer mom’s in their SUVs at 7 AM.

This will be the chariot to Carlisle this year. Might even bring Bev’s seats just to sit in.

ROCK.

Good score the manual trucks are bringing huge money up here!
I’d only ever seen one manual… back in 2011 when I first test drove a 3500. I was pretty over the moon to run into this one.

What are you planning to do do with the ScatPack?
I got rid of that some time before I bought my 67. It was a nice “low option” car but somewhere between the monthly payment, only driving it in the summer months and getting in and out of the thing, it just didn’t feel right for me.

I no more go and post about not seeing a Ram with a manual trans and one showed up at the shop last week for a clutch. Crazy how that works

Let’s hope it’s not foreshadowing.
This one has 177,000 on it and he plans on doing a lot of towing with it, the dual mass flywheel was starting to make some noise. He wanted to swap it out to a solid flywheel kit. The OEM clutch still had some life in it.

This one has 177,000 on it and he plans on doing a lot of towing with it, the dual mass flywheel was starting to make some noise. He wanted to swap it out to a solid flywheel kit. The OEM clutch still had some life in it.
Yeah, well. I guess I expect a clutch by then. Honestly, for what will be towed the most in this house, the truck is overkill anyway. It’s the carpentry stuff I do and the possibility of moving my 67 or … who knows what? … That I got a 2500.

I do have some adhesive backed “performance upgrades” to delete… the exhaust tip, the “carbon fiber” mini antenna… the worst is the tints whichever previous owner put on it. I mean, it’s fine in the day and the interior is pretty dark so I can see it heating up in the summer without them but damn, I’ve near missed my well head twice in the dark since I’ve got it.

I can’t imagine someone pays say 60k on a truck then has money to put stupid **** like that on.

Back