What's your excuse gonna be on this '70 Polara 'vert, huh???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Educate me on this, Dave. Was this a column shift car originally? What is the console from and what are the differences with what should be there?

I see the bids are at $9200 with 7 days left.

Yes, originally a column shift automatic

Before restoration 191216 2005 dash.jpg

What console should be in there

137741 2006 dash pad.jpg

191216 2005 dash.jpg

137741 2006 dash pad.jpg

I believe that is a B body console although some have said they came in Fusey C's....... I havent seen a Polara with one

Interesting. So the column shift lever is gone... but the shift bowl with the bump-out for the lever is still there then?

we were lucky enough to have showers in our FOB with plumbing that worked fairly well.

LOL! No FOB's when I was there. The FOB was wherever the F we were...never more than a couple of hours at any certain grid location.

Salute to you Mark for serving!!!

images[3].jpg

images[3].jpg

I believe that is a B body console although some have said they came in Fusey C's....... I havent seen a Polara with one

it looks like a b-body console. But they have been used in Cs, too. I have one like it in my 69 Sport Fury CV which is original untouched. But at the end (on top) it has brackets for the seatbelts.

I think that Polara would do well in sweden :))

Carsten

Didn't you sell both of them literally just before or during Carlisle last year???

RE: the conversion to a floor shifter.
Do you think it was done properly complete with bracket welded to hump or do you think it was Mickey Moused?

You have my opinion already.
he had both when I visited Mark last Carlisle

RE: the conversion to a floor shifter.
Do you think it was done properly complete with bracket welded to hump or do you think it was Mickey Moused?

FYI..........this car was fact equipped with a buddy seat so it already has 2 brackets in place. I do not know if they are the same type/location for factory console equipped cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back