Rechroming Emblems

PrestonUSA1

Reaction score
Hello FCBO,

I am looking to get the letter and number emblems from my 68 300 rechromed. Does anyone know a good place thats reasonable? Also is there something I could use to fill in pits that would survive the chroming process?

Best Regards,

Preston

Try to find NOS, repop or good used ones first. It will be cheaper.

Hello FCBO,

I am looking to get the letter and number emblems from my 68 300 rechromed. Does anyone know a good place thats reasonable? Also is there something I could use to fill in pits that would survive the chroming process?

Best Regards,

Preston

It depends what your definition of reasonable is?

Arizona part has a lot of NOS emblems and stuff.

http://www.arizonaparts.com/

or

http://www.partssource.com/

A "good place", and "reasonable" is an oxymoron..... No reliable chrome shop is "reasonable". A chrome shop will do all the prep including filling any pits. There is nothing you can use that will work for that

The best advise is to locate nice used or NOS emblems. Much less expensive.

I never owned a car that I would work on that I didn't have at least the
1. Factory brochure
2. Factory Service Manual
3. Parts Book

My point is Bob, you tell people to go there but many dont have the numbers which makes it useless. Which is why I bought my parts book twelve years ago, for Partsvoice.

I'm done...................

Our local federated knows us so well we pretty much have unfettered access to their books and they are like ...maybe 2 minutes away.

Nothing like having it right there on your desk in front of you.
Just the aggrevation of having to borrow someone else's isn't worth it.

but many don't have the numbers...
If you own a classic, plan on keeping it, and fixing things up, buy the damn book,

Last edited:
The FSM's and Parts Book were the first items I bought after getting the NYB. They are very affordable and available all over the internet. Actually I have 2 sets of FSM's. I bought the first set for $25 and the 2nd set for $3. It cost the seller more to ship them to me than I paid for them. I paid $50 for my parts book + free shipping.

All thats great we three have parts books....take a poll just on this site and you'll find MOST do not have a parts book.

Sure it makes sense to have one but to assume everyone has one is absurd. Hell , they didnt make that many

All thats great we three have parts books....take a poll just on this site and you'll find MOST do not have a parts book.

Sure it makes sense to have one but to assume everyone has one is absurd. Hell , they didnt make that many

If you want one .....they are out there.

They are also available on CD's.

Back