Recommendations for hubcap repair/restoration

Clayboy

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I did a cursory search of the site and did not have luck, so…

Has anyone had their hubcaps repaired/restored? If so, do you have any shop recommendations?

The hubcaps I need work on are Part Number 2944080 - 1969-1971 Dodge Passenger Car. See image.

They have a combination of bright work and paint.

More than happy to tell who I pick “so and so recommended you” so hopefully you get some juice for the referral.

Thank you.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

It's going to be cheaper to find replacements.

I see at least one wheel cover that has significant damage in the outer rim that are next to impossible to repair correctly.

I looked on eBay real quick and while there aren't a lot, there are some that look better, although may need some paint work. The purchase price is going to be cheaper than having those restored. Place a want ad here too.

In theory, the edges of the covers could be worked similarly to what people do when they "straighten" stainless steel body moldings. Hammer, pick, and buffing. But to do that on a wheel cover, with multiple folds in the outer edge . . . will not work. I concur, better to look for some better ones, even if they need the paint re-done. The center sections can come out. Carefully remove the paint from them and repaint them, too, leaving the chrome intact. The hunt for better ones might take a while, so "no hurries".

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I have some of those I’d give you if you’re interested. They’re not the best either but maybe between two sets.,,, let me know

F112103D-6294-4CBE-B1F6-044346C55175.jpeg

I have some of those I’d give you if you’re interested. They’re not the best either but maybe between two sets.,,, let me know

View attachment 600650
Hey, thank you very much for the offer. I would be more than happy to pay the shipping. Just let me know and I can PM you my address and you can tell me how you want your money.

Hey, thank you very much for the offer. I would be more than happy to pay the shipping. Just let me know and I can PM you my address and you can tell me how you want your money.
Pm me your address and I’ll see how much shipping is

Back