Redeye Widebody

Screenshot_20210101-202213_Facebook.jpg

What's the future on these Challengers starting 2022.
Asking for a friend.

I do believe I read an article that Mopar will be making the Challenger and Charger through 2024 in its current configuration. I'm not sure about the future of the 300.

Maybe it's just me but the Challengers are really looking dated. The original run was 4 years but the current one is going on 13. While they have evolved quite nicely performance wise the look has remained the same. A more modern look based on the original styling would be nice. I'm sure some of you won't agree but that's my 2 cents.

Maybe it's just me but the Challengers are really looking dated. The original run was 4 years but the current one is going on 13. While they have evolved quite nicely performance wise the look has remained the same. A more modern look based on the original styling would be nice. I'm sure some of you won't agree but that's my 2 cents.
Agreed that would be nice. I think the current configuration at 4514 lbs could do with going on a diet but I suspect the bean counters are calling the shots.

The original run was five years ..

Agreed that would be nice. I think the current configuration at 4514 lbs could do with going on a diet but I suspect the bean counters are calling the shots.

Interesting, I for one see all the variants of trim levels. There have been lots of changes through this long run. The 70 through 74s were a victim of the 70s with little to no improvements. These cars have improved drastically since 2008, electronics, trim levels, engines, wheels, seats, tires, options. They've kept them exciting.

I'm happy with the interior and exterior styling.

And its very comfortable to drive.

Personally, I love and appreciate the Challenger not changing anything. But call me when you finally figure out a likable center display.

Well I guess my problem is when they first came out I loved them. But now after all the years and seeing so many of them they just blend in. I agree Dave that they have continued to improve mechanically but they still all look the same with only minor tweaks.

Well I guess my problem is when they first came out I loved them. But now after all the years and seeing so many of them they just blend in. I agree Dave that they have continued to improve mechanically but they still all look the same with only minor tweaks.

I think the Challenger has changed quite a bit. I was at a car show a few weeks ago and there was 7 Challengers parked side by side. There was a 2005 parked next to me and it was a transition like the 1970 was so different than the 1974 Challenger. The basic shape stayed the same and didn't evolve as much as the Charger evolved over the years. I think the newer Chargers look great too.

Personally, I love and appreciate the Challenger not changing anything. But call me when you finally figure out a likable center display.

The one thing that I like is that the center console is pretty close to being the same on my Challenger, Charger, and Ram. It was an easy transition to operate all the controls and the radio on all of those vehicles.

Looking deeper you might see things differently. Perhaps you don't want to or care to. Since I bought a 2010 new I have seen a lot of changes. Probably because I was paying a little attention.
Never into it like Bob though.

Looking deeper you might see things differently. Perhaps you don't want to or care to. Since I bought a 2010 new I have seen a lot of changes. Probably because I was paying a little attention.
Never into it like Bob though.

I'm lucky.....

I'm currently in a good position later in life and able to have these vehicles.

Sure are! You also have no family commitments that I know of ( wife / kids / grandkids) . If that is true, then luck is in the eyes of the beholder.

What I like most about the new Challenger is how the styling continues to pay tribute to the original. All the go fast mechanicals and creature comforts also make the car amazing. Where I think Chrysler has missed an opportunity for improvement is on the basic physics side of the design with a better power to weight ratio. The expanded use of high strength steel might be one way to reduce weight while avoiding the cost premium of aluminium. I keep trying to imagine that 807 hp pushing around a 15% lighter design.

Back