Refurbish time

Ahhh.....lol, it wasn't that hard believe me. Good pair of pliers with grips will do. In fact the metal was very soft, which was surprising. Maybe it has something to do with all the heating/cooling cycles over the years. Who knows.

Glad everything is working out Gary! What did you do about the linkage??

I asked my buddy if he wanted to sell.. He said he would consider it, but was still gonna try, and make it work. We shall see

The leak at the crossover valve on my Imp is also loud enough to hear but not bad enough to smell. Nice work Gary. Bare hands? What did you run out of rubber gloves???

Why rubber, don't see any risks for pregnancy. ;)

The leak at the crossover valve on my Imp is also loud enough to hear but not bad enough to smell. Nice work Gary. Bare hands? What did you run out of rubber gloves???
Nope. I'm keeping the glove manufacturer in business,lol.

IMG_4338.jpg

Glad everything is working out Gary! What did you do about the linkage??

I asked my buddy if he wanted to sell.. He said he would consider it, but was still gonna try, and make it work. We shall see
Thanks. I put "shims" I guess for lack of a better term under the base of the bracket where the bolts go thru and into the manifold. The bracket does sit up a bit higher, and it does work (and shift properly) but its still a "shade tree" temp fix for now so I could see how everything was running and if I had any leaks and so on. I'm still after a permanent solution.

AAAAAARRRRRGH. While removing the exhaust manifold I pulled one of the GD head studs out. No big deal. I chased the threads inside the head, threw some permatex on the stud and put it back in. I let it set for a day. Today, apparently that does not work. What's a better solution to keep coolant from seeping out when the engine is on???

You may have damaged the thread with the thread chaser. It doesn't take much.

Does the stud feel loose in the hole as it screws in? If it is, then you may want to heli-coil the hole.

If it's tight, I'd probably back it out and try more Permatex. You want to be sure that the stud is in all the way.

Someone else may have a better solution than that.

You may have damaged the thread with the thread chaser. It doesn't take much.

Does the stud feel loose in the hole as it screws in? If it is, then you may want to heli-coil the hole.

If it's tight, I'd probably back it out and try more Permatex. You want to be sure that the stud is in all the way.

Someone else may have a better solution than that.
Yeah, the stud fits in there nice and snug. No wiggle room or anything like that. I chased the threads figuring there might have been grime and crap in there. Picked up some Permatex hi temp thread sealant and Ultra Copper Gasket maker this time around.

So here's the actual stud. Doesn't look bad to me, none of the threads are squashed or irregular. I wish I knew WTF is holding that nut tight. I sprayed it with PB Blaster and let it set several hours and it did absolutely nothing at all to it. Usually PB is pretty good with loosening stuff. Due to the damn nut not wanting to budge the manifold and the rest of the nuts have to go on first....which sucks trying to do. I'm gonna slop thread sealant on the tip and the rest with Ultra Copper and let it set for day.

IMG_4340.jpg

Back