Removed Vinyl to replace, but now I don't know...

Very nice! How about some details on that runner sometime?

Pay attention Bob,

I like it without the vinyl, but would probably replace it..... Great looking Imperial, lose the R/T badges

Agreed, I'd do the vinyl, because the bondo you've had to trowel into the backlight plug will very likely start to crack. It looks alright in the interim

But no matter what you do LOSE THE R/T badge! That looks really stupid on an Imperial.

Agreed, I'd do the vinyl, because the bondo you've had to trowel into the backlight plug will very likely start to crack. It looks alright in the interim

But no matter what you do LOSE THE R/T badge! That looks really stupid on an Imperial.

I agree about the R/T badges........they don't look appropriate at all. They wouldn't look good on a Polara or a Monaco either.

Vinyl tops have always been one of the worst ideas in car design. I'd put it back on only for originality reasons.
The look would be "superclean" with all the trim removed that separeted the vinyl roof from the lower body.
Some insurance agents were quick over here to talk people into putting on vinyl tops after some roof damage on cars because it was cheaper than straightening it 100 % out and repainting, at least that's what some guy told me who was in business back in the day.

Right, just forgot to put in IMHO, there must be many who don't think so if you look at the high rate of orders with cars that did not come standard with vinyl top.

Back