After
IMG_0867.jpgIMG_0868.jpg
IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

Thanks, but truth be told, I didn't do it myself, I had it done by the same guy that reupholstered my seats.

Not that I'm aware of. It looked to me like it was just a matter of taking the interior trim off around the edges to get access.

I did that on my 65 Newport ~1991 soon after buying it. I called the place in LA area on the tag for a prior headliner I bought from the J.C. Whitney catalog and they mailed me small samples to pick exactly what material to choose (many more than J.C. Whitney listed). I didn't have to remove the windshields, just the inside aluminum trim. At the same time, I replaced the windlace around the doors. Don't mix up the metal bows and install the headliner somewhat loose. It will shrink and tighten and you don't want the seams to tear.

Nice work, looks fantastic!

I agree - look great, and certainly cleans up the interior a lot. Mine has a rip that the seller "glued back up" since it was right over his head, so a new headliner is in the future here, too.

Curious to know how much it cost to have it done? I've seen replacements online in the $150 range.

The upholstery shop charged me $400, but I also had him replace the insulation so altogether with tax it came out about $480. Well worth it to me. The previous job I had him do was to reupholster both the front and back seats to match the original (you can just see the tops of them in a couple of the pictures) and redo the padded dash. That cost me $1000.

incidentally, before I had him do it, I went through and took polishing compound to all of the roof trim to remove most of the rust that was there and then waxed it. That way I didn't have to worry about getting any of it on the liner. So much better.

Thank you Duncan. Not a bad price at all for that result. Your overall total is right in the ballpark of what I was thinking for the 300. It needs a headliner and front buckets/back seats re-covered. The buckets might cost a bit more as separate seats. Dash pad is okay but at least one arm rest is torn up.

looks great!

i just had my headliner done in my 66 fury however i didnt have the rear window chrome trim at the time.

i have tried to put it on but i cant seem to find where the trim screws on as the material covers the holes. could i ask a favor and get some pictures of how your trim lines up around the rear window? any other information you can provide would be great! thanks bud

Do you think the trim would line up the same way in a 68 as in a 66? I mean, I have no idea. I will try to get some close up pictures of it one way or another. Might take me a few days to get it done.

looks great!

i just had my headliner done in my 66 fury however i didnt have the rear window chrome trim at the time.

i have tried to put it on but i cant seem to find where the trim screws on as the material covers the holes. could i ask a favor and get some pictures of how your trim lines up around the rear window? any other information you can provide would be great! thanks bud

I've installed a couple of headliners and it took me two days to get it right, so your money was well spent having it done.

Do you think the trim would line up the same way in a 68 as in a 66? I mean, I have no idea. I will try to get some close up pictures of it one way or another. Might take me a few days to get it done.

im not sure, but it does look very similar.

i just cant locate the holes for the screws, the guy who did the headliner didnt mark out the location.

i could guess but id only end up damaging the material until i found one

Actually, the trim in my Fury isn't chrome. There is a picture of it in the section below under "Interiors", the subject thread is "Does anyone know of a good upholsterer in Central California?" It might get you started, and if you need closeup I can probably get some in the next few days. (I'm going to be out of town starting today and over the weekend.)

Actually, the trim in my Fury isn't chrome. There is a picture of it in the section below under "Interiors", the subject thread is "Does anyone know of a good upholsterer in Central California?" It might get you started, and if you need closeup I can probably get some in the next few days. (I'm going to be out of town starting today and over the weekend.)

thanks i just look at the pictures. youre right, it appears to be different. similar design i suspect though.

when you get time i still would appreciate a few close up pictures, it may help or may not help.

Hi grimley. Sorry, I almost forgot to take those pictures, but here they are - finally. Hope I'm not too late and that they are of some help.

IMG_1897.jpgIMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

Back