Replacement Leaf Springs Needed

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

1966 Fury III convertible is in need of replacement leaf springs and they seem to be elusive for a car of this age. If anyone can give me links to sensibly priced replacements it would certainly be appreciated!

In this picture there is 85 psi of air in the air shocks...so... the leaf springs are about at their end.

Thanks in Advance for any information
20240423_103730.jpg

ESPO springs & things (or is it springs'n'things) is a good source, they are however, in PA, and shipping..... (which matters on things like this) may be substantial - maybe a source that's closer geographically will turn up, but if not, they're a good one.

This is not popular here, but I have had good results having original springs re-arched and an extra leaf added. I've had this done at local shops. near me. The added leaf is installed just under the main leaf and runs the whole length- eye to eye. Cars sit as they should and ride well. Both shops I used worked primarily on trucks. Of course this was 30 years ago, so some investigation would be in order! Lindsay

After you get new springs ditch those air shocks, or even sooner! The rear shock crossmember on these cars was not meant for the stress air shocks can put on it. If the springs are that bad you are already transferring all that load to the crossmember.

I will second espo recommendation. I just put new springs on my '66 Fury convertible a couple months ago. Shipping to CA was about $100. Then you can get options of new eye bolts, bushings, shackles, etc. I was in it about $570 total for everything. Worth the money IMHO as she rides awesome!

I've used Espo Springs and Things in the past and have been happy. https://www.springsnthings.com/

Since it's in Pennsylvania, the shipping cost might hurt less from Eaton. EATON Detroit Spring My 300L has a set of Eaton leaf springs and they are good too.

I'd say they are both the same, price them up and see what's the best deal.

I had one car that the PO had the leaf springs reworked and it was an awful mess. The car rode bad and handled worse. Unless you have a known good shop, I'd stay away from getting that done. I don't think there's much, if any, savings to be had.

My suggestion is to get new shackles and bushings. Don't fully tighten the mounting bolts until the car is sitting on the ground, that will keep the rubber from tearing right away.

Back in the 89's, I put new rear leaf springs on my 65 Sport Fury that were for a 68/69 Road Runner. They had the exact same measurements.
Jus sayin.....

Another vote for Detroit Eaton. First thing I replaced on Goldie 12 years ago. Fit perfectly and still the easiest work I had performed on my car.

I wanted to replace my springs with OEM Eatons, but ESPO's price and quality got the nod. I've been very happy so far, and even though I left the air shocks on, I have the minimum amount of air in them. The stance is just as I envisioned it!

Being in Colorado, you could look into Deaver spring. They are somewhere in western CO, thinking grand junction-ish? They have an excellent reputation in the Offroad world and I believe they will make springs for just about anything.
Travis..

Back