Reproduction Dash Pad Alert and Other Reproduction Parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I met with Bob Baker just before the Fall Fling out here in California a couple weeks ago, and he updated me on his reproduction efforts. He is virtually done with reproduction 1964-66 Imperial dash pads as well as 1965-66 Plymouth dash pads and the 1969-70 Chrysler dash pads are right behind them, almost done now. Next he will be reproducing the plastic shields that go on the rear of at least 1969-70 C body convertible seat backs and cover the rear seat speaker, tidying up the appearance of the top well area. I have not seen one of these in good shape ever so this is badly needed. If you give him some feedback, you might well convince him to reproduce the dash pads for the 1970-1 Plymouths and maybe the 69 - 70 C body Dodges, which are the ones I really would like to see done.

Bob makes only the best top quality reproduction interior parts such as the 1968-70 C body bucket seat lower side and seat back shields. While his look strictly original, they are so much better than the flimsy originals and will stand the test of time.

I am lobbying him to do a reproduction run of the 70-73 road wheel center caps (is there anything more sorely needed?) and he will likely do the rear arm rests for the 1969 - 70 C body convertibles as well. I gave him some parts from my stash to help him get these projects underway because we need to support a guy like this willing to spend the time and resources to get these done.

Bob's website is: www.dashes4u.com

I have bought several items from Bob and there have been no issues, just the best quality you could ever expect.

I recently learned also that SMS Auto Fabrics also is reproducing the door and rear passenger compartment panels for the 1970 - 71 Chrysler 300s that look excellent. They run $825 for a set of four for two door hardtops or convertibles and there is a 10% discount for ordering two sets and a 20% discount (i.e. $660 each set) for ordering 4 sets or more. You would have to send them your old panels as cores and the turn around time is several months. They also have the 1969 Chrysler panels for the same price.

Bob is a good friend of mine and a huge asset to the "C" Body world. His items are top quality and reasonably priced. I hope everyone here will check out his web site. The more he sells the more new parts he can start to reproduce. He owns a few "C" Bodies himself so he knows them very well.

i tried in the past to get him to reproduce the convertible rear seat back covers, but no one would part with one to use for a sample. hopefully it works out better this time.

i tried in the past to get him to reproduce the convertible rear seat back covers, but no one would part with one to use for a sample. hopefully it works out better this time.

Well he's got a real good sample that's still attached to the seat so hopefully this time it will be a go.

I wish someone would repop these.

012.jpg

012.jpg

These were used in '69 C-bodies (Fury, 300, ect.). They also fit, but are not "correct" in, '70-'71 C-bodies. They will more than likely also work in '72-'73 C-bodies as well. I believe they are "correct" for '69-'73 Imperials. :)

I prefer this style over the "correct" ones for my '71.

I have seen one of those. I know it, but I can't for the life of me remember its function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back