Restorick's undercoating

never heard of it....

I hadn't either untill the other day while searching for undercoatings. This stuff came up in quite a few threads on diff forums. Seems "good enough".. Just want the closest to factory as I can get. Haven't been impressed with any of the store bought undercoatings I've dealt with. Either spray can or gun.

my first impression was similar to the stuff l buy from crappy tire...basicly a brand name with repackageing
bottom line is if folks are likeing it and is sounding what your after would try it...do small area and make decision from there

I've used it. It's good stuff but I couldn't get it to match the sound deadening/undercoat on the inside of the quarters. No matter how I applied it I couldn't get it to build up enough. Put it on too heavy and it flowed out too smooth. Put multiple light coats and it just didn't build up enough. Now I just use stuff I get local and get the same results.

I've used it. It's good stuff but I couldn't get it to match the sound deadening/undercoat on the inside of the quarters. No matter how I applied it I couldn't get it to build up enough. Put it on too heavy and it flowed out too smooth. Put multiple light coats and it just didn't build up enough. Now I just use stuff I get local and get the same results.

Thank you!

Maybe not what I'm looking for then. I'm hoping to apply it a little heavy in certain spots to hide a few welds. But if it won't build then no point..

That 3M body schutes will build, takes a special gun pretty easy to barrow up in the rust belt Fla. maybe not. It is not like the original asphalt stuff but is better than spray bomb stuff.

Has anyone used resto ricks undercoating? I've been looking for the most factory appearing undercoating I can find. Lots of folks online saying this stuff is the closest you can get. Any experience with it, or recommend something else?

Restorations by Rick Kreuziger - Product and Component Restoration Detailed Information
black asphalt rubberized undercoating. made by dominion sure seal. gallon can thick and you need a brush to put it on. great for touch-ups but if redoing a whole undercarriage would be time consuming and wouldn't get into small areas.

black asphalt rubberized undercoating. made by dominion sure seal. gallon can thick and you need a brush to put it on. great for touch-ups but if redoing a whole undercarriage would be time consuming and wouldn't get into small areas.

Think I found it. Damn stuff is pricey! $84 a gallon. Would be a lot of work, but am already going to brush the whole underside with rust bullet. I'll look into it a little more, but leaning towards the 3m stuff at the moment.

Sears.com

lve used rust bullet and it rocks....sandblast or not...apply rustbullet...then topcoat or apply dominion....lve used (Dominion) that stuff exclusively on all my vehicles...
use expensive spray cans for exterior as it lays down realy nice...l grab the quart cans and just use a undercoating gun for undercarriage
l buy this stuff at crappy tire in the fall when they put it on sale..drops down to 4 bucks a can as to reg price of 8-9 bucks

works great on grills ect..

rust bullet on 91..basecoat before topcoat...rustbullets the best covering stuff lve come across and tough...not one complaint other than trying to get it offa hands

dominion on lower panels and grill...love this stuff...saved me alota rust issues

Last edited:
I've heard nothing but good about rustbullet. I can't wait to use it. Does it take a topcoat pretty well? I've heard it does, but takes alot of prep work to get whatever your topcoating with too stick.

Naw...easy to coat.....they have a black topcoat that go's over the silver...you'll see...

Back