For Sale 1965 Dodge Monaco 426 Wedge 4-Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Fratzog is saying that an owner's emotional ties to a car do not directly translate into someone else paying the price borne from that attachment.

Well, I have to say I had a couple of interesting "trade" offers locally but nothing I had any interest in. I know it is the middle of summer but the cold and windy winter will be upon us faster than we like. I would like to see the car find a caring home before then. It is still a package deal, everything I have goes with the car. You all know what my "price" is, however, I would be open to a SERIOUS offer to get her to a new home. I will not throw any numbers out there but honestly, please don't waste your time with an unrealistic number. I will be generous with my statement and say that most on this site are intelligent enough to have an idea what that means. PM me an offer or your number if you would rather discuss on the phone.

Ok, here comes the fun part, the price. I want to sell it for MY price, not what someone thinks they can get it for. My asking price is $20,000 with all parts included(small box truck or very large van needed)and I am not and will not accept offers. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours.

I know I’m new here, but couldn’t help myself.... :thankyou:

Last edited:
You all know what my "price" is, however, I would be open to a SERIOUS offer to get her to a new home. I will not throw any numbers out there but honestly, please don't waste your time with an unrealistic number. I will be generous with my statement and say that most on this site are intelligent enough to have an idea what that means.
I'm intelligent, but not enough, apparently - because I don't know what you're trying to tell us. "Price" in quotes, then SERIOUS, then 'unrealistic number'.
Are you speaking in code to us? Are you trying to suggest that a righteous benefactor for the car could buy at much less than $20k, or are you telling us to step up and PM an offer of $19,500?

I'm often sarcastic but not intending it here, I'm truly/simply curious what you mean.

I'm intelligent, but not enough, apparently - because I don't know what you're trying to tell us. "Price" in quotes, then SERIOUS, then 'unrealistic number'.
Are you speaking in code to us? Are you trying to suggest that a righteous benefactor for the car could buy at much less than $20k, or are you telling us to step up and PM an offer of $19,500?

I'm often sarcastic but not intending it here, I'm truly/simply curious what you mean.
What he is looking for here is what honest people think his car is worth with all the parts included. (The offers of $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 isn't going to get it).

I don't understand your answer either. Does he want to sell it, or just hear some high $$$ of what some people might say it ought to be worth? And you don't really mean if someone doesn't think it's worth over $10k that they are not honest?

My price is $20K. Serious is wanting the car for a price I would let it go for. Unrealistic, $5K for example, you'll be told to go eff yourself. Sarcastic, maybe. Honest, most assuredly. No time to play games with a-holes...........WAY too many of them. My motto is put up or shut the **** up, plain and simple and VERY easy to understand.

Said it before, I reckon it's worth the asking price all day long and would happily pay it if I could.
Eventually some cashed up person who recognizes how special this car is will come along and snap it up, no haggling, no bullshit.

I don't understand your answer either. Does he want to sell it, or just hear some high $$$ of what some people might say it ought to be worth? And you don't really mean if someone doesn't think it's worth over $10k that they are not honest?
John does want to sell the car. He wants to see the car done and on the road again. If you have looked at the previous 11 pages of post's you can understand why he would have an attitude. If you want the car send him a PM and make him an offer. The worst he could say is no.

Last edited:
Again... I’m new here, so I don’t know John. Once I read the first page with the original ad of course, and then continued to read the whole thread, I was a bit concerned for the seller.
If I was looking for a 65 4 speed 426 Monaco, at any cost, any condition, just HAD to have one at any expense as if I were Scrooge McDuck, I would have skeptical hippo eyes on this one.
Once I saw “I want MY price for MY car, not yours, or I’ll keep it” type stuff due to “rarity and sentimental value”
“No offers don’t waste my time”
I would’ve spent about 10 seconds thinking about it, then simply decided “I’ll wait for the next one....”
I think OP should start from scratch with a new ad.
Simply state 1965 Dodge Monaco
426 4 speed
Mileage blah color blah
Owned car for x amount of years
X extra parts included in sale.
Then simply state “myself and many other c body Mopar enthusiasts have done research, and to the best of our cumulative knowledge, this car is very rare and as few as 150 were made. As far as survivors, none have shown up for sale or online, I’m sure a few others are out there, but none for sale.
Price is $20,000
Any serious interested parties, who would like additional information or photos can contact me at blah.
Any offers can be discussed once we get to that point.

That’s the ad that may not sell the car, but it will find the people who are at least serious and would be worth investing sellers time. Price is irrellevent until a serious buyer actually does his diligence anyway.

OP, I would start over from scratch. Less is more, offering extensive info and pictures to serious inquirers.

Good luck ($13k) ;-)

Again... I’m new here, so I don’t know John. Once I read the first page with the original ad of course, and then continued to read the whole thread, I was a bit concerned for the seller.
If I was looking for a 65 4 speed 426 Monaco, at any cost, any condition, just HAD to have one at any expense as if I were Scrooge McDuck, I would have skeptical hippo eyes on this one.
Once I saw “I want MY price for MY car, not yours, or I’ll keep it” type stuff due to “rarity and sentimental value”
“No offers don’t waste my time”
I would’ve spent about 10 seconds thinking about it, then simply decided “I’ll wait for the next one....”
I think OP should start from scratch with a new ad.
Simply state 1965 Dodge Monaco
426 4 speed
Mileage blah color blah
Owned car for x amount of years
X extra parts included in sale.
Then simply state “myself and many other c body Mopar enthusiasts have done research, and to the best of our cumulative knowledge, this car is very rare and as few as 150 were made. As far as survivors, none have shown up for sale or online, I’m sure a few others are out there, but none for sale.
Price is $20,000
Any serious interested parties, who would like additional information or photos can contact me at blah.
Any offers can be discussed once we get to that point.

That’s the ad that may not sell the car, but it will find the people who are at least serious and would be worth investing sellers time. Price is irrellevent until a serious buyer actually does his diligence anyway.

OP, I would start over from scratch. Less is more, offering extensive info and pictures to serious inquirers.

Good luck ($13k) ;-)
That would be nice, if he was listing the car on Hemmings or somewhere else, but he's listing it here, and his reasoning, that he's telling us, is because he knows who he is talking to here. It's like being in high school, he knows what we will do during lunch hour, that why he states he won't take "Your" price, because he knows we will low ball the crap out of him, but we are cheapasses by nature, most of us anyways.

I think the car would be pretty bad *** indeed, a perfect sleeper car, but for the purchase price, I could paint two of my cars, and have money left over to buy one or two more project cars. I could sink all the money I'd spend on my fleet, for one car. And it's not a "gotta have it" car for me. If they made a 426W car in '66, I'd be figuring some things out, but it's a '65 (my heart lies with the '66 Polara/Monaco body style) and if I'm venturing out of my year, I'll go newer. Cool car, yes. Cheap car, no. I guess it's the price of admission to be in the club, but I'm waiting for happy hour and a $2 cover.

Last edited:
... Of they made a 426W car in '66, I'd be figuring some things out, but it's a '65 (my heart lies with the '66 Polara/Monaco body style) and if I'm venturing out of my year, I'll go newer. ...
Maybe the comparison should be what the asking price on Ross's car would be, if it was to hypothetically come up for sale?

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back