Resurrection of my 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Ripinator

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I thought about the washing machine, but the dishwasher was already empty and all that clanging in the tumbler would drive everyone in the house crazy, LOL.

James: Last year at Carlisle, I ran into a group of ladies from Sharon's Web. They are located in Hawkins, TX, and specialize in restoring seat belts, buckles and retractors, etc. I looked at samples of their work, and it was first rate. And their prices were very reasonable.

Their basic service and optional services cover the whole gamut of seat belt restoration. They will even remove and sew back the specification labels, if you want. I plan to send them my belts as soon as remove them from the car again.

Contact info: 903-705-2501. Their web site is not up currently.

Rip

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I can grab you a picture and length of my 70 E body belts when I get home. I did dye them and it worked okay. There is no way to through them in the dryer to "set"the color with heat. I think they did rub off onto clothes for a time. I'm such a non fashion guru that it was not a problem for me. They are fine years later.
Thanks Dave, I’d appreciate that. I might leave them blue. if I find a set of ‘70 belts I could pass them along to someone who needs a blue set.

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
James: Last year at Carlisle, I ran into a group of ladies from Sharon's Web. They are located in Hawkins, TX, and specialize in restoring seat belts, buckles and retractors, etc. I looked at samples of their work, and it was first rate. And their prices were very reasonable.

Their basic service and optional services cover the whole gamut of seat belt restoration. They will even remove and sew back the specification labels, if you want. I plan to send them my belts as soon as remove them from the car again.

Contact info: 903-705-2501. Their web site is not up currently.

Rip
Ok that’s cool, I’ll check into that. Maybe they could make an 8 foot set of shoulder belts, I’ll just have to find a set of buckles. That’s the one thing about washing them, the tags basically shredded and fell off.