Resurrection of my 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

LOL, sorry Craig's List. I'm in the Mooristown area. 1950's suburbia always looks similar.
Wait, south jersey right? Morristown is way up in North Jersey. You mean Moorestown? I grew up in Willingboro---a great place in the 60's, 70's & 80's, not so much now. I'm a hop skip and a jump away. I'd love to check out your 300 project.

I'm amazed at the projects you guys take on, great stuff.

Wait, south jersey right? Morristown is way up in North Jersey. You mean Moorestown? I grew up in Willingboro---a great place in the 60's, 70's & 80's, not so much now. I'm a hop skip and a jump away. I'd love to check out your 300 project.

Yes, near Moorestown. We used to live up in Burlington Township and went to church in Willingboro for many years, but your right the town has changed. Yes, we should find a chance to get together sometime, although I don't have much to show right now.

James

Yes, near Moorestown. We used to live up in Burlington Township and went to church in Willingboro for many years, but your right the town has changed. Yes, we should find a chance to get together sometime, although I don't have much to show right now.

James
I grew up in WBoro then moved away just as it was taking a nose dive. Sad to see it now, way past its heyday...a prime product of 50's suburban planning. If you need an extra pair of hands sometime just drop a line here. I can get on rt45 and be there in no time.

Great thread, and glad your getting the family involved as well.

BTW you do know that the rear seat from your parts car won't fit in the convertible. Convertible rear seats are smaller...width wise compared to sedans. And have a different shape to them...you jusy can't cut down a sedan seat and expect to use new seat covers. If you were to have the seats re-done by a local upholstery shop...then you could cut it down to fit.

Great thread, and glad your getting the family involved as well.

BTW you do know that the rear seat from your parts car won't fit in the convertible. Convertible rear seats are smaller...width wise compared to sedans. And have a different shape to them...you jusy can't cut down a sedan seat and expect to use new seat covers. If you were to have the seats re-done by a local upholstery shop...then you could cut it down to fit.

Thanks! I know that the back is different, but I was hoping that the base would fit. The frame on my original one is rusted beyond repair.

Thanks! I know that the back is different, but I was hoping that the base would fit. The frame on my original one is rusted beyond repair.

Pretty sure the whole back seat is different, top and bottom. Maybe you can use parts and pieces from the sedan frame to piece together your original convertible seat?

They are completely different

Are you sure that was the seat frame from the '70 that was rotted out and not the one from the '69 parts car? I remember that stuff being in really good condition on the car I gave you. Didn't you take the seats from the parts car?

Back