Reverberator mounting question 66 C

Ross Wooldridge

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

I have a factory reverb setup I would like to install. Can anyone provide detailed photos of how the box mounts under the rear package tray in a 66 Monaco (or any 66 C body for that matter)?

Thanks in advance!

It mounts on the drivers side next to the speaker. I'll shoot a pic of mine once i get home saturday. Try an online FSM or Parts manual.

Thanks!! Pics woud be really appreciated. FSM either doesn't show it or I missed it.
Try searching this forum. Somebody was asking about the wiring of og one of these not long ago. May be a photo in that thread.

Hi Ross,
Here's a couple shots how mine is on a 65 Polara - wasn't factory, but I hung it shortly after I got it from a 65 Monaco in a yard even though I never did get around to hooking it up the rest of the way.
Peeking past the spare tire.
upload_2017-1-30_12-42-41.png

Without the spare, disregard the cheesecloth hanging down from over the speakers.
upload_2017-1-30_12-43-45.png

You'll notice I had to rearrange things a bit to install 2 speakers along with a defogger.
upload_2017-1-30_12-44-46.png

upload_2017-1-30_12-45-14.png

upload_2017-1-30_12-45-43.png

I do think I put the reverb unit in the factory position, it was the defogger motor that had to be moved.
John's pics are likely going to be a little more accurate for a factory setup though.
Mike

Great pics - thanks.

What I can't see is how the reverb is mounted to the package tray... clips? Screws? Does the lid come off the reverb box and screws go through holes the lid and then the box snaps back into the lid?

If I recall correctly there were some screws in the top that go through holes in the package shelf. It may have been those spring clips inserted in slots on the top of the reverb that had attached screws on them. It was back around 78 or 79 when I put that in there so my memory is a bit fuzzy. And it's a lot of effort to pull the package tray, (sculpted one from the same Monaco), so I'm not real excited about digging down to the top of the shelf.

Dang, now ya got me thinkin'........ I may have another reverb on the shelf, I'll try find it and see if the mounting is obvious.

Here is photo of my rear speaker and reverb. Speaker is on driver side. Rear defroster fan is on pass. side.
The pic is kind of dark but it looks like the reverb is screwed and clipped to the rear seat divider steel. I don't recall any bolts or screws for reverb visable from top when i had the package tray out last summer. The better pics above show the screw to a bracket to seat divider.
IMG_0331.JPG

Speaker switch goes here.
IMG_0792.JPG

Last edited:
Crawled in a bit farther, pics turned out kinda fuzzy and then my battery died but maybe you can make something out. The reverb actually screws to a couple of brackets that are mounted to the package shelf.
Bare reverb, although I'm guessing you have one of these....
upload_2017-1-30_17-24-18.png

D/S bracket
upload_2017-1-30_17-25-7.png

P/S
upload_2017-1-30_17-25-41.png

Just shows to go ya how much the ol' brain is slippin' anymore. Of course it has been a pretty long time, like almost 40 years. It does appear the one in my car has a couple extra tabs than the one on the shelf. I know I yanked the one from a 65 Monaco myself, the other I was taking a seller's word....

DSCN0793.JPG
DSCN0794.JPG
Here are a couple of more pics from my 65 - they show the mounting bracket pretty well. I know this came from the factory on the car - don't think it's ever been touched. Also, the 65 FSM has a nice schematic for reverb unit (this diagram isn't in the 66 FSM, if I remember right).

Thanks!! Great pics!

Update: I bench tested my reverb and while the dedicated special fader/activator switch seems to perform properly as a front to rear fader, when I pull the switch to activate the reverb function nothing happens...

I figure the speakers are hooked up properly as they both work with the fader etc, and the rear speaker's wiring passes through the reverb.

So it's off to my fantastic radio guy for a going over... I'll keep you posted.

If anyone has an extra set of the mounting brackets I'd be interested - otherwise I gotta fab up a set.

Thanks everyone for the pics and help - much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey Jolly - can I trouble you to take a pic of that schematic in the 65 FSM you speak of? My Canadian 65/66 FSM just shows the switch hook up...

Back