Road Trip Route Advice from Baltimore to Boston

If it were me, I'd do the train. Then I'd figure out a place to stay near the stealership and a place to get some clam chowda. Uber my way around.

Get the car first thing and hammer it back home.

I'd watch the weather though... It's still winter.

I do not know the area,but common sense tells me to take the train and pick up the car,drive back. You will be more relaxed based on what others say here about the traffic and road conditions.
Most rent a car places charge a return fee for one way rentals..(up here they do anyways) so not really cost effective in the end.

I'd be more than willing to deliver your new car right to your door, just cover the cost of fuel and tires.:D

Maybe consider the train in in the afternoon, get a hotel room nearby. They usually provide shuttle service locally and you can leave in the am rested and ready

If it were me, I'd do the train. Then I'd figure out a place to stay near the stealership and a place to get some clam chowda. Uber my way around.

Get the car first thing and hammer it back home.

I'd watch the weather though... It's still winter.

I've been watching and communicating with the weather and the dealer. No snow on the ground there. Suppose to be in the mid 60's next week. Sunroof open and a big *** smile on the way home. No Kowalski action for the first 1500 miles. Lol

Sunroof open and a big *** smile on the way home.
Screenshot_20200227_094200.jpg

Bob, if decide to drive, you’ll be swing through my neck of the jungle.. if you want some company! I’m up for a road trip. Needs to be Thursday morning through Saturday afternoon though since I work Sunday-Thursday.. just say’en

I've been watching and communicating with the weather and the dealer. No snow on the ground there. Suppose to be in the mid 60's next week. Sunroof open and a big *** smile on the way home. No Kowalski action for the first 1500 miles. Lol

Bob: There is a 5:35 AM Regional MetroLiner from Baltimore to South Boston (it is more than $110 less expensive than the Acela). It arrives at 12:49 PM. Should give you plenty of time to get to the dealer, pick up the car and get on the road late in the afternoon. Hell. . You could even stop in Philly on the way home for a cheese steak.

I agree, take the train get driven to the dealership get in your new Dodge and get out of Dodge. You are required to take photo's of your road trip for your placement on the "You Suck List.":steering:

I meant regular Amtrak.. I thought they were all the same in the N E Corridor. When I looked it up and it was $110. But Bob would qualify for military and senior discounts so it would be even less.

Well Bob? What did you decide?

I received a call from a company named "It's Easy Inc." from NYC so of course I didn't answer the call. They left a voicemail and said they are the 3rd party company working on the plates for my Redeye. The hold up this time is that they didn't know if I wanted Disabled Veteran plates or the regular disabled plate with the big wheel chair on it. Of course I wanted the Disabled Veteran plate. So I guess the plates will be there Wednesday or Thursday next week.

I received a call from a company named "It's Easy Inc." from NYC so of course I didn't answer the call. They left a voicemail and said they are the 3rd party company working on the plates for my Redeye. The hold up this time is that they didn't know if I wanted Disabled Veteran plates or the regular disabled plate with the big wheel chair on it. Of course I wanted the Disabled Veteran plate. So I guess the plates will be there Wednesday or Thursday next week.

I checked. Thursday is a good travel day. I'm planning a trip to Newark New York that day myself.

Looks like I'll take the Acelo train from Aberdeen to Route 128 station in Westwood MA. The dealer will have less than a 30 mile trip to pick me up at the Westwood Route 128 station. Even though it's only a 365 mile trip it will be 6.5 to 7 hours to get there. Leaves Aberdeen about 4:15 am and get to Westwood before 11 am.

I don't which is the most room and comfortable. I imagine the business class would be the one that I pick.

Screenshot_20200227-100427_Chrome.jpg

Back