Rust !

New floor pans welded in, and painted whith primer, not finished yet. :clap:

DSC_0302.jpgDSC_0303.jpgDSC_0304.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

I'm just happy people are making progress on their cars...

Nice work, they do look great. The best beers are had after projects like that, well earned!

Last edited:
I am beginning to dislike everyone on the board.... Some would call it jealous..... Nice

Excellent work. My 65 Newport was a bit rusty on the passenger floor, but no rust-thrus, so I just painted. I get slight rain-water drips there from somewhere (windshield?) so cover the carpet w/ plastic in the rainy season.

I did the passenger floor on my 65 Dart, using sheet-metal from rockauto ($55). Mine wasn't so scary when cut out since the frame rail and tranny x-member are under there. I cut flush (much trial & error) and butt-welded, using my $90 Harbor Freight flux-wire welder. That was hard since it kept burning thru, even with a copper spoon behind. Next time, I'll lap-weld. I since read one can use a 20A light dimmer to lower the current and not burn thru (got one for next time). I covered my seams with Bondo Hair fiberglass and painted, so looks fine and only I know the holes are there. Before welding, I sprayed rattle-can high-zinc primer (some term "weld thru primer"), so all the places I couldn't paint afterwards are protected.

Last edited:
Everybody is fixing rust......I'll be doing the same soon.

Interior on its way home. Monday is car inspectionday, hoping for the best.

DSC_0335.jpg

Test went well, only remark for lower ball joints. Orded two pairs, upper and lower today, on e-bay. Now is time to search for tires for my Cragar "quick trick" rims.

Back