Seat belt retractor covers

jmustian

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 69 300 convertible and trying to find out if the seat belt retractors had covers. I spent 3 hours in the FSM and the parts catalog but nothing was listed. While replacing the carpets, there were small pieces of a cardboard material on the belt guides but not enough to determine if they had covers or not.

I can't speak 100% for the '69, but my '70 300 vert has the retractors under the carpet with a slot through the carpet that the belt passes through. There's a plastic trim piece around the slot in the carpet.

If I get a chance, I'll grab a pic later.

I saw some of the plastic trim being reproduced the other day, but can't remember where I saw it.

The 69 300 I sold had the retractable seat belts under the carpet.
Here goes a picture that shows the slot on the 69 where the belt retracts.
1696084666468.png

Thanks, both of you. I didn't have any idea so I installed the carpet the bolted the retractors on top.
Think I'll just make a carpet box to sit over them. Maybe the cardboard was to shape the carpet over them.

Thanks, both of you. I didn't have any idea so I installed the carpet the bolted the retractors on top.
Think I'll just make a carpet box to sit over them. Maybe the cardboard was to shape the carpet over them.
I have the plastic guides on the retractor.

Here are a few pictures of 1969 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible seat belt assemblies including the belt retractor , belt guide, cardboard hump and mount bolts. These belt assemblies were used across the Chrysler, Dodge Plymouth c bodies in 1969 . I had this set on a shelf in my garage just in case there needed.
IMG_5761.jpeg
IMG_5763.jpeg
IMG_5764.jpeg
IMG_5767.jpeg
IMG_5773.jpeg
IMG_5774.jpeg
IMG_5775.jpeg
IMG_5772.jpeg
IMG_5765.jpeg

Back