Selling my baby

Pricate

Reaction score
So I am going to have to sell my baby. She is a 1969 Newport 2dr, with the H vin code 383 hi-po. She has 54,000 original miles. The dash and most everything (except door panels) are mint. Original motor and trans. I think motor was rebuilt but not by me. Everything else including rear end has been replaced or rebuilt. EVERYTHING. I have at least 10k in her. She purs like a kitten and has been modded engine wise. I have all the original parts and extra original 489 complete third member with 323 gears. I put 276 for high-way cruising. I also have a Extra Edelbrock 600 4 barrel. (She has a Holley on now) She has the original build sheets still in the seats. She only has cosmetics, but body is straight. (Some rust here and there) I do not want to sell it but times are hard and I have spinal injuries that has made it almost impossible to work on her. I am wondering what I should ask for her? Comments are appreciated.

1384118_650998948273829_471540585_n - Copy.jpg

Sorry to hear about you spinal problems. Looks and sounds very interesting but we'll need to see a lot more pictures of all sides, the inteior, and under hood, trunk etc to help with an accurate price. Also try to take them in sunlight not in the shade.

Has it ever been painted other than the stripes?

also you location would help a lot

Blue plate- California? Nice looking car. Post up a few more pictures for our online appraisal service. :)

Blue plate- California? Nice looking car. Post up a few more pictures for our online appraisal service. :)

Nice observational skiliz there brother but could still be anywhere there's trees and just sporting the plates although it's likely it's CA. If I score some reasonable 68 hemisfair plates I'm going to run them here in IL .. or maybe some 68 CA plates.

Nice car, best of luck selling her. Very sorry to hear about your back issues.

Sorry for not having more pics. Yes I reside in Cali. Here are the pic and warning it pic heavy.IMG_0387.jpgIMG_0388.jpgIMG_0389.jpgIMG_0390.jpgIMG_0391.jpgIMG_0392.jpgIMG_0401.jpgIMG_0394.jpgIMG_0395.jpgIMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

If it is in CA, the car being a 69 would make it a late sale car, 70's would have been on the lot.
The A series plate was probably issued early to mid year 1970.

Alan

Couple more pics. The dash has a mat but there is no cracks. It does have power seats that still work. I have the original AM radio and everything for the steering wheel. It also has the optional shoulder belts and rear defroster. Like I said I have replaced every thing. The only thing that does not work is the AC. Edit: I put in a Patronix unit and have all the stock air cleaner and manifold parts. I also have 90% of the trim. She is also my daily driver (if you believe that at $4.10 a gal) so she is very reliable.IMG_0397.jpgIMG_0398.jpgIMG_0399.jpgIMG_0400.jpgIMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

Thank everyone for the replies. If I could do all the work to turn her back to stock I would. I know these cars are rare where I live as per I have never seen another fuselage body besides mine. I cannot go anywhere without someone admiring it or offering to buy it. At least I have a good reference now. Thank you.

Thank everyone for the replies. If I could do all the work to turn her back to stock I would. I know these cars are rare where I live as per I have never seen another fuselage body besides mine. I cannot go anywhere without someone admiring it or offering to buy it. At least I have a good reference now. Thank you.

Nice car, sad you have to go through this. I like very much the sort of Hurst 300 tribute look you have going on with it, and prefer it very much to the snorkel air cleaner, whitewalls, etc. that many folks here seem to like. Take that for what it's worth... basically nothing since I don't have the funds to buy it, so it's just words! Just wanted you to know I like the look.

Back