Shaking the trees for a nice original 2dr C Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar80602

Reaction score
Contact seller
The last time I looked seriously for a nice original 2dr C Body was 2 years ago. Seems like now they are much, much harder to find in nice original condition. I've found a dandy 1966 VIP 2dr 383 in excellent shape, with lots of original doc from a private collector, but I'm not sure I really want to part with 12K. I'm thinking I would like to find a really nice solid original one that may need some minor interior and/or minor body work for something like 8K or less. I really don't mind doing some work on it to make it show ready. Am I the only one who is having this problem?? Anybody have a solution for me?? Thanks!

Keep looking and one will turn up but be prepared to ship it cross country..............where ever you are

Thanks for the encouragement Polara71 - I'm in the Denver area.

Patience Grasshopper! What 3 C-bodies would top your list? I'll keep my eyes open around here for you. And welcome to the site from the Motor City! if I haven't already done that.

Thanks Detmatt - here's the top several:

1) 1966 Polara/Monaco
2) 1966 Fury
3) 1966 300/Newport
4) 1967 300/Newport
5) 1968 300/Newport
6) 1965 300/Newport
7) 1965 Polara/880
8) 1965 Fury

The key is to keep yours eyes open all the time...your perfect c body car will show up one way or the other.......and be ready to travel.

I had to go all the way to York, Pa from Aberdeen, Md (about an hour) to get my NY'er. I just watched Craig's List about 6 months and it justed popped up.

:sFl_america2:

I have found every car I own when I wasn't looking for it!

Oh yeah, like you had far to go

HaHaHa, yeah THIS time Polara. The car I had considered before getting the Newport was a 73' Imp in Florida..(I'm sure ALL here has seen it up for sale by now). Very nice options, owner had video on youtube of the car, it was worth a close look from what could tell...and the guy wasn't an A__hole looking to make his retirement fund in one shot. I was going to take a flight down there but I ran into the Newport up here instead.

The last time I looked seriously for a nice original 2dr C Body was 2 years ago. Seems like now they are much, much harder to find in nice original condition. I've found a dandy 1966 VIP 2dr 383 in excellent shape, with lots of original doc from a private collector, but I'm not sure I really want to part with 12K. I'm thinking I would like to find a really nice solid original one that may need some minor interior and/or minor body work for something like 8K or less. I really don't mind doing some work on it to make it show ready. Am I the only one who is having this problem?? Anybody have a solution for me?? Thanks!

Do a "search all craigslist" in the google search window, you'll get a site that searches across ALL of craigslist for whatever specific car you want. I did alot of "1969 Chrysler 300 for sale" or "1970 Chrysler New Yorker for sale" or --- put in your own search terms here--...you will see many cars come up from across the US that are for sale. Some good, some ok, and some not so good.

If you see something you like you've got to jump at it like yesterday!! if its not sold already. I was late more times than I can count....but sooner or later you'll get there first.... 2dr C body cars are really becoming very popular among the Chrysler/Mopar diaspora.

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I'm no stranger to Craigslist. Bought my last Mopar on Craigslist from a guy in San Jose who had previously listed it on Ebay with no takers. I was just searching west coast cities for A-Bodies one night, and I came across it. Talked to the guy, flew out and drove it home. Right after I committed to buying it, he was overwhelmed with responses from his Craigslist ad. It just happens like that! Here's the car:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3829651/1975-plymouth-scamp

Last edited:
Thanks detmatt, that 1968 Fury is sort of what I'm looking for. I have a lead on a 1969 Fury here in Colorado that's in about the same condition. I sort of had my heart set on a big block though. I may give in to a 318 in the end, if it's the right car. I just missed out on a 1969 New Yorker 2dr - low miles, great condition, right here in Denver.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/2827850382.html

you did miss out, that car was nice!

Thanks detmatt, that 1968 Fury is sort of what I'm looking for. I have a lead on a 1969 Fury here in Colorado that's in about the same condition. I sort of had my heart set on a big block though. I may give in to a 318 in the end, if it's the right car. I just missed out on a 1969 New Yorker 2dr - low miles, great condition, right here in Denver.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/2827850382.html[/QUOTE
Ahhh, somebody finally scooped it up then. I kinda had my eye on that....thought maybe the asking price would continue to come down.

North West is best.

To far away Stan? Tell that to the guys across the Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back