Show off your Formal!

I think trying to get rid of the plainess of the fusie cars, I love the fronts and rears of the fuies cars but from side roofline is the only thing to look at no sport roof no sculpting.

My '78 NYBS. According to info I've found over the past few years, I've read where approximately eight to ten percent of the '78 NYB four-door production were Salons. The fact that I know of maybe a dozen Salons that still exist, probably makes that figure close to reality.

Here is my car with cop wheels and caps, and with the Salon-specific reflective trim rings. One of my cast aluminum turbine appliques needs to have the attachment holes drilled out, so that is why the Salon wheels are not on the car.

There are a couple of places on the car that can stand to be retouched. Most of the car retains its original paint! The hood and trunk lid have been redone at some time in the past.

nyb03.jpg

nyb02.jpg

nyb01.jpg

78ny dash1.jpg

impnybs05.jpg

It's a 440. The engine had been nicely converted from the LeanBurn before I got the car. If you were to look under the hood, you'd never have thought the car had ever had a LB system in it!

I realize now that I like the 4-door formies better that the 2-door ones. On the 2-door models, the section behind the doors is too "massive" for me.

Notwithstanding, the cars shown here are all the most beautiful of its kind.! :)

I realize now that I like the 4-door formies better that the 2-door ones. On the 2-door models, the section behind the doors is too "massive" for me.

Notwithstanding, the cars shown here are all the most beautiful of its kind.! :)

This coming from a guy who owns a 1969 two door Imperial......:eusa_whistle:

There is definitely a difference in the bodylines!

The not regtangular quarter window, the higher sidewall, the higher roofline and the streight skirts creating a much bigger area!

1969 Imperial_062.jpgHPIM1815.jpg

1969 Imperial_062.jpg

HPIM1815.jpg

Please someone go out and measure the Fuselage Imp quarter... End to end....someone go out and measure a formal imp quarter.....

Don't know the answer to the two but I do have very specific knowledge regarding slab Monacos.

Ya, taste can be different :)

I will measure it for you when I'm at my shop but it will not change my opinion ;) That's what I'm thiking, every time I see a formie.

I came, I saw and I thanked, nice cars gentlemen!

Please someone go out and measure the Fuselage Imp quarter... End to end....someone go out and measure a formal imp quarter.....

Formal Imperial 2 Dr Quarter= 94 inches (measured from door gap to end of the bolt on end cap for the quarter...bumper included is longer @ 97 inches.

Back