Show us your Imperials!

Beautiful Imps!

I was really humbled at Carlisle seeing all the flawless C-bodies, Imps, and other cars that are in that forum.

my 1970 Imperial LeBaron 2dr Ht in tx9 black. 75% original paint
one of 1.803 LeBaron 2 dr HTs that modelyear

Carsten

I wish that there was more information about my '59 Imperial. The man who had my car in the barn is deceased and it had a family of Racoons living in it when I purchased it.

I wish that there was more information about my '59 Imperial. The man who had my car in the barn is deceased and it had a family of Racoons living in it when I purchased it.

Are racoons the kind of animal that have an outside toilet? Then, lucky you ;)

Is that a Union 76 ball on the antenna ? :eusa_think:

Where did you find the detailed list with percentages of popular options?
That would probably be found in the following year's Product Advance Information aimed at the dealers pre-ordering new cars and giving them hints on how popular certain options were in the previous or fading model year. Like such information on 1971 options and colors can be found in the Chrysler 1972 Advance Product Information. Unfortunately I can't find it for 1970 new cars stating 1969 model year percentages.

Hey, Carsten, I bet the TUV loves to see that Imperial roll in for its inspection! That is a very nice Imperial.

Is that a Union 76 ball on the antenna ? :eusa_think:

Yes it is from when I worked at one several decades ago. When it changed brands I kept the eight foot long "Union 76" sign hanging in my garage. The 8' round ball my friend has on the front side of his rural wookshop.

That would probably be found in the following year's Product Advance Information aimed at the dealers pre-ordering new cars and giving them hints on how popular certain options were in the previous or fading model year. Like such information on 1971 options and colors can be found in the Chrysler 1972 Advance Product Information. Unfortunately I can't find it for 1970 new cars stating 1969 model year percentages.

I would love to see this for my car! I can't find anyting either.

here are a few pics of my previous 1971 Imperial.
It had the rare "sure brake" option.
Unfortunatly it had a colour change (was FQ5 turquoise from the factory and is now some kind of blue).
To me repainting a whole car is worse than fixing rust issues and doing a part respray.
It was a nearly rustfree Oklahoma car. One of 1.430 2dr hardtops in 1971.

Hey, Carsten, I bet the TUV loves to see that Imperial roll in for its inspection! That is a very nice Imperial.

Hi Pat,

the TÜV really likes it. But mainly because my friend Jens, who owened it inbetween, invested around 20k EUR (27k$) in it at some restorationshops (Moparshop). It came over in 2004 with 59k miles but the complete chassis has been redone, every rubberpiece was replaced (a lot of them "handproduced"), complete front end, the rearend, timing chain etcetcetc. There were a lot of small bugs in the car and he did let them fix all, no matter how much it cost. The somplete Air Temp is working

Carsten

here are a few pics of my previous 1971 Imperial.
It had the rare "sure brake" option.
Unfortunatly it had a colour change (was FQ5 turquoise from the factory and is now some kind of blue).
To me repainting a whole car is worse than fixing rust issues and doing a part respray.
It was a nearly rustfree Oklahoma car. One of 1.430 2dr hardtops in 1971.

I know you're an originalist, but I'm not. That is a really nice looking car. Changed color or otherwise.

people who are not deeply into originality love the blue 71 more than my black 70.

The black Imperial looks great in pics but does have its share of dents, dings, scratches being cosmetically unrestored. Even though it is nice it looks used at least from the outside.

The blue one got an expensive respray and is straight as an arrow. The paint was like a mirror on the sides. No bondo on it, never been welded. But I couldn't live with a non original colour. Tried it for two years but didn't want to drive the car. It never touched my heart.

Sometimes it is a pain to be deeply into originality but we all have our own obsession, don't we?

Carsten

Oh, totally. I may not subscribe to it, but I totally get it. As Thoreau once said, "there are as many ways as radii from a center."

In some way, don't we all subscribe to our version of it? You're pretty solidly at one end of the continuum, even favoring bias ply tires. Hot rodders are different, but still on the continuum, just pretty far to the other side. Stan is closer to the originality side, but put in an aluminum radiator, because he doesn't lift the hood at shows. Me? I'd like a veneer of originality, but to have some subtle modifications. There are obviously others with other spots along the line.

For me, my guiding principle is to do what I want, but to not do something that will keep someone like you from being able to return it to factory if you want. Others? Well, they do it differently.

Impressive. I've never ever paid much attention to the Advance Production Information books. I'm going to have to have a look and see what I've got. These seem to incorporate a little bit of what would show up in the salesman's data book, as well as a very vague summary of what's in an option & accessory report.

Learn something new every day.

Here is a link to the Imperial Club web site where there is a write up about one of my Imperials.

It is a 64 Crown 4 door which was owned by Snapple/ Dr. Pepper. That is where I actually purchased the car for $900 in 2011.

One of about 24000 Imperials built that year.

I also own a 69 LeBaron Coupe which was green/green/green but now has a white vinyl roof.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/FJoslin/index.htm

Here is a link to the Imperial Club web site where there is a write up about one of my Imperials.

It is a 64 Crown 4 door which was owned by Snapple/ Dr. Pepper. That is where I actually purchased the car for $900 in 2011.

One of about 24000 Imperials built that year.

I also own a 69 LeBaron Coupe which was green/green/green but now has a white vinyl roof.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/FJoslin/index.htm
That's incredible.
Taxi Yellow/Deep Red....
I am so glad you joined us.

Back