Show us your Imperials!

IMG_3092.JPGIMG_3093.JPGIMG_3097.JPGIMG_3095.JPGIMG_3098.JPGIMG_3104.JPGIMG_3106.JPGIMG_3101.JPG
Ahhh... The "Golden Age of Motoring":yaayy:

IMG_3092.JPG

IMG_3093.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3101.JPG

That's a good looking car.

There's also something unusual about the wear pattern on the seats. Most of these cars have much more wear on the front seats than on the rears. Some look almost unused in the back seat. But that one seems to have more nearly even wear in the rear. Do you know anything about the history? Did an early owner have a driver?

The rear seats are in way better shape than the front... might just be the angle. The drivers seat and passenger seat unfortunately, are suffering from father time and the leather is cracking. I would presume that from the wear, that the car was, as with most Imperials, owned by a fairly well to do couple that took a lot of pride in their car. I feel reasonably confident that I'm the third owner of the car. The service card, and some old papers I found show the original owner from Scranton, PA, where I got it. The gentleman I bought it from passed away. He had a collection of about 35 cars. He had the car painted in the dark green. It was originally, a mint green, which I personally would have loved to see. When I got it, it had black pinstripes on it which you could barely see. I put the gold on just a couple of weeks ago, and I think it added a lot to the look.

I seriously like that deep Hunter Green (my description of that color) on the Imp a lot. A whole lot. Looks great!

Posted via Topify on Android

66 Crown Vert in Lancaster PA

Imp Front.jpg

66 Crown Vert.jpg
Imp in air.jpg
This was the position is was in for many months. Brakes, radiator & shroud, fan clutch, two lares PS pumps, PS cooler, trans cooler line, fuel tank, fuel pump, Viton main seal (iffy) new dual exhaust with resonators and many more things. I could remember if I wanted to look at the receipts and mechanic bills but who wants to do that?. It has a redone interior in Vinyl, not pearl leather. AC was half butchered and AP does not work. Top is in great shape. The dash and wheel seem to be real wood but the doors and back seam to be a formica laminate. It is a fun car to drive and people just love it.
Plenty more bugs to work out so I pick the brains here of those who know.
Imp on ground.jpg
It came with a Frankenexhaust that made it sound like a boy racer. I was embarrassed to gas it through my neighborhood. I ordered a new dual two muffler / resonator set from a company in OH. It fit up nice but seems like its a bit restrictive and now too hush. I have been thinking about removing the resonators to see how it sounds.

Imp Front.jpg

66 Crown Vert.jpg

Imp in air.jpg

Imp on ground.jpg

Stately Imperials like that one shouldn't sound like it races at Talladega. "Hushed" power is the order of the day IMO.

I just hung a set of Flowmaster 50s on Silver the day before we left for Carlisle, it sounds bad ***!

I don't but I'll remedy that.

Ya. 50 series should do nicely on that Imp. Not too loud, but just enough to show the Prius folks what a REAL car is.

Ya. 50 series should do nicely on that Imp. Not too loud, but just enough to show the Prius folks what a REAL car is.

If somebody is driving a Prius, they likely don't know or don't care what a "real" car is.

I have 2-1/2" dual exhaust under the '66 Imperial with Walker Hemi mufflers...I like the sound of my car! Just enough rumble, and without the obnoxiousness.

I bought a stock set off eBay and they fit up nice. I believe it's 2" and there is no crossover. I am first going to try no resonators. If the mufflers don't sound too good I will try the Flowmaster.

Back