I would like to attend. I believe The Foo Fighters are playing a show the Friday night before and I want to cross that one off the bucket list. Gonna try to do both. I dont know about the whole journey. Maybe from Joliet to Pontiac or something like that.

We will see.
There's a lot of fun old road south of Pontiac from what I can tell. You'll just need a 6 pack of 5 hr energy!

Did you check how many dudes fit in the hot tub?
I am afraid that hot tub availability / capacity was not a selection criterion: for swimming, there is Horseshoe Lake after all (and also the Mississippi, just 15 minutes away) :poke:

And here I was hoping for a hot tub time machine and the Sunday drive would be actual 1950's

I would like to meet up with you somewhere around Springfield Il. I will plan to stay in Collinsville on Saturday night.

I would like to meet up with you somewhere around Springfield Il. I will plan to stay in Collinsville on Saturday night.
I would suggest as close to the south edge as possible as just south is the brick section and the 1926 alignment stretch

Did a practice run on back roads and the tollway today, out to Rockford and back, and then some.
Plan to take the 69 Imperial on the Rt 66 CATL tour.

20230812_171716.jpg

Haven't decided but can try to rough something in since we're trying to figure out where we meet. We may not be that far south, not sure

@Stanj where do you want to join us?
Somewhere around Springfield probably. Have you decided on a lunch stop or just going to play it by ear?
Haven't decided but can try to rough something in since we're trying to figure out where we meet. We may not be that far south, not sure
Always difficult to estimate exact times. We can always figure it out that morning depending on what kind of time you make.

Somewhere around Springfield probably. Have you decided on a lunch stop or just going to play it by ear?

Always difficult to estimate exact times. We can always figure it out that morning depending on what kind of time you make.
My guess is we're going to be around Lincoln at noon if we leave Gemini Giant at 9am.

Back