furious70

Reaction score
Please respond to this thread if you are planning to attend. Also indicate if you plan to stay overnight in St. Louis as well. If you have questions about the trip itself, please reply to the ongoing thread about the 2 day drive, let's keep this thread clean with rsvps.
:thumbsup:

Paging members who may be close enough to join (apologies to those whom I am missing):

Illinois: @sixpkrt @71Polara383 @Xenon @BLIMP @SGVert @furious70 @70NEWYORKER @St.John @metaldad @swartzed @MarPar @Wonderwagon @Cbodies69-73 @Billy Bats @Sport Fury 67 @Chopperbob1 @drh4683 @Biggie @Asleep at the Meal @sgtmac1 @300E @Air Force Polara @furyusvip @Grizzly's Garage @B to C @Popslavaz @Brian Parrino @70 Droptop @Ed Wagner @Skins69 @BUBBAZ488 @IAG @william @Dan Wolf @Jdlov @gkellm @plum360415 @Casey @blue88 @haywire 440 @chilsam @The Captain @moparblake @arkmorris @Shamu70 @badvs3vil @Casey @Clutch Carnage @Davews @blue88 @gregory cotten @Georges77 @Sport Fury 67 @The_Eagles’_Nest
(previously @Imperial_Eagle_72 ) @B to C @300Hconvert @Ram50V8 @BobbyJ67 @tallhair etc.

Indiana: @david hill @fury fan @traintech55 @Georges77 @73Gold @74newport @Jeffrey Cowell @jlcowell @Stoney 65 Fury @streetmachine @Patinad70Polara @Superlite1969 @SportFury @Tizz78 @vPenske3 @RWCearley @Steven Jones @familee @bigandtall @jct @Rexer @Jeremy Hunter @John Boy 434j @ksc etc.

Missouri: @Stanj @Imperialist @cruisinwithsusan @marty koirtyohann @Mingo @Grannys67 etc.

Wisconsin: @70 Sport Suburban @JPMODL @Don Stolfi @Owen11x @69Polara383 @glennb49 @GOLDMYN @loveshack @Pete Kaczmarski @JDX @Four4tmag @Jerome Erickso @MOPARAMAN71 @1971Monaco @Slant Deuce @DeMopuar @mallex @Shakerdave @Love Shack @AlleyOop2 etc.

Further afield: @Cags70PolaraConvert @Ripinator @Samplingman @cbarge @67valiant 100 (previously @c-barge) @polara71 @lemondana @saforwardlook @mdh157 (and anyone else from further afield, who is interested and can make it)

Last edited:
I am a maybe... did you post the route somewhere?
It is being finalized, with all details to be posted in the next few days. In short, we will start from Joliet, IL or nearby Plainview Plainfield, IL and follow (as much as possible) the old Route-66 all the way to to St. Louis, MO — well, almost: the end point of this year's C-Bodies At The Lake drive will be Horseshoe Lake near the Cahokia Mounds in Collinsvile, IL (about 15’ east of downtown St. Louis). There will be several stops along the way (for photos and to meet up folks). Lodging on Saturday night will be in Collinsville, IL.

PS: here’s the thread where details are posted:

CATL 2023: C-bodies At The Lake on Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 16-17, 2023 (Route 66 from Chicago to St Louis)

Last edited:
It is being finalized, with all details to be posted in the next few days. In short, we will start from Joliet or nearby Plainview, IL and follow (as much as possible) the old Route-66 all the way to to St Louis — well, almost: the end point will be Horseshoe Lake near the Cahokia Mounds in Collinsvile, IL (about 15’ east of St Louis). There will be several stops along the way (for photos and to meet up folks). Lodging on Saturday night will be in Collinsville, IL.

PS: here’s the thread where details are posted:

CATL 2023: C-bodies At The Lake on Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 16-17, 2023 (Route 66 from Chicago to St Louis)
You mean Plainfield, right? Plainview is way south…

Since I've shown up to Tim's show twice with my charger I'm not going to mandate a C body. The brotherhood means something as well.

I showed up with an '84 Fifth Avenue two years ago.

PXL_20210919_140737493.jpg

PXL_20210919_144345918.jpg

PXL_20210919_144457457.jpg

I would like to attend. I believe The Foo Fighters are playing a show the Friday night before and I want to cross that one off the bucket list. Gonna try to do both. I dont know about the whole journey. Maybe from Joliet to Pontiac or something like that.

We will see.

As mentioned by @furious70 , the 2023 CATL will run to St. Louis.

Because the total distance this year is longer than in all prior CATL drives, those of us doing the whole run will overnight in Collinsville, IL -- about 15' from downtown St. Louis.

Collinsville is right next to Horseshoe Lake State Park, which checks the CATL (C-bodies At The Lake) box. For those interested in history, it is home to the Cahokia Mounds -- a National Historic Landmark that contains the largest prehistoric earthen construction in the Americas north of Mexico (and, as a result, is a National Historic Landmark and one of the 24 UNESCO World Heritage Sites within the United States). For those interested in trivia, the town has the world's tallest catsup bottle monument (see below, I sense a great photo-op).

1691864259984.png

@amazinblue82 will probably suggest that we fill up at Lowell's Mobil at 2000 Vandalia Street, which is on the old Route 66 and is a historic building!

Then
1691601577127.png
and now
1691601605134.png

For lodging, the Comfort Inn in Collinsville is the suggested hotel. I picked the CI in part because of customer ratings and partly because of location: it is immediately next to a Days Inn (lower-rated but much cheaper, plus it helps collect Wyndham points) and a Hampton Inn (similarly priced and rated, for folks who want Hilton points). That way, everyone who overnights can be close-by, yet folks are free to stay wherever they prefer and in a way that fits their budgets.

1691829210371.png

Last edited:
Back