Slant six c body

Yall ever seen one of these 68 fury 3 slant 6 3 on the column

View attachment 651613

View attachment 651614

View attachment 651615
My first company car in Lincoln, NE was a '67 Fury I-white with blue interior, carpet (I think), dog dishes, heater, three on the tree, a Motorola on the hump, a 6' FM whip, no radio, but several credit cards in the glove compartment. A hand-me-down from a ++ size previous driver who had squished the air foam front bench seat cushion down to the floor. A little heavy with no P/S or P/B. I was thrilled to have it. Being unmarked and with the whip, it looked suspiciously like a cop car so many oncomers would slow down as they passed by. Years later, with more stroke, I was able to spec a replacement for a nice little Chev Citation I had inherited and got another white Plymouth 4DS--this time a well-equipped '88 or so with V8, A/C, P/S, P/B & AM radio. My radio tech hung another Motorola and whip on it and it still looked like a plain clothes highway patrol car--with similar impact I also spec'd Dodge trucks and was mostly alone on the pipeline with all the Ford & Chevy guys. MoPar to the bone.

My 66 Fury II has its original /6, paint and interior. Previous owner installed a Clifford intake, headers with duals, and a Holley, and I put the larger air cleaner.

uuid=A3AAE457-65F1-480C-AC7F-8418267B173E&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

uuid=FDA8A770-71A4-4795-9397-C7414055547A&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

uuid=3409AD3E-CE07-4F95-8DF4-7DBC84AD28BE&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

uuid=8D802483-CE0A-4C0D-926A-97343E07C0BF&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

It seems that when it came to the C-bodies, it was the 4-door cars that got the slant 6. What's the reasoning for that? And hey, with the hoods closed we can't see the engines!
in Canada the big dodges had the /6 standard unless it was a wagon or a monaco 500. which had 318s. i knew someone who had a 3 spd manual trans /6 67 Monaco convertible. it seemed so odd listening to it as she parallel parked it.
i also knew someone with a 71 fury /6 3spd manual..........

heres a link to Canadian sales brochures

I used to have a '67 Fury 1 2Dr sedan 225 3 speed on the column. Not a very common car.

Thank you for the kind comments. I’ll look to replace the fuel filter with the metal oem version. According to my certicard I think this was a corporate car, large but few options. Has a radio and auto, nothing else. The glovebox also has an oil service record attached, with a couple of entries. It’s a nice enough car that I’m not ashamed of it, but not too nice that I’m afraid to drive it all over and let friends drive it too. It’s a hoot!

IMG_0530.jpeg

uuid=89A5C8E9-9324-49DF-8E26-A54E449A78BF&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

in Canada the big dodges had the /6 standard unless it was a wagon or a monaco 500. which had 318s.

The Canadian sales brochure might have said that the /6 was standard on a '67 Monaco, but dealers were ordering them from the factory with 318's for floor sales. My dad bought ours off the show room floor, it was not an ordered car, it had the 318, it was not a Monaco 500, it was a 2-dr, the only thing listed as an additional cost was the radio. Not the engine, nor the power steering or brakes (which the Canadian sales brochure might also list as standard).

Maybe Canadian 4-door Polara's were more commonly seen with the /6. Maybe moreso in '65 (because I owned one). There might have been some additional taxes applied in Canada in terms of engine displacement when you bought a new car.

Back