So I bought this one today.

This is the area I didn’t think was as bad as it is but I’ll deal with it.
DD94D848-C9A2-40EC-8A7A-1977972FC16A.jpeg
BA943256-B935-441B-A1D9-F943BC78494B.jpeg

I could resist no longer! This thing isn’t going to finish itself!!
IMG_5308.jpeg
IMG_5307.jpeg

Get this little mess taken care of and I can get back to the wheelhouse and the rest of the quarter.
IMG_5311.jpeg
IMG_5310.jpeg
IMG_5309.jpeg

You gotta get this thing out on the road before next winter. Some kind of driver condition is fine. The streets of Detroit need graced with its presence once more.

You gotta get this thing out on the road before next winter. Some kind of driver condition is fine. The streets of Detroit need graced with its presence once more.
Oh I definitely plan on putting some miles on it this season painted or not.

This is the last patch in front of the wheelhouse. I used a rusty door from the parts car for the patches. Waste not, want not.:lol:
IMG_5412.jpeg
IMG_5413.jpeg

It’s like a ship in dry dock getting a re-fit! Thanks for posting the updates. You’ll have to take it around for photos when it’s road worthy. Belle Isle would be great.

Random question - does anyone know where this location is for the photo shoot? Looks like a high brow private school. I thought it might be in Detroit, which is why I am asking…Matt…?

CA39A9B3-831D-4CA0-B0CF-5C6B28408CFA.jpeg

Random question - does anyone know where this location is for the photo shoot? Looks like a high brow private school. I thought it might be in Detroit, which is why I am asking…Matt…?

View attachment 595650
That is Cranbrook academy of the arts in Bloomfield Hills. It is a beautiful campus with lots of historically significant architecture. There’s a fountain there next to the art museum and both were often the backdrop for Imperial ads.
The same fountain as in this picture of my silver car.
20141009_100347000_iOS.jpeg

The early 50’s Plymouth Cranbrook! That’s where they got the name! Thanks guys!!!

Finally finished up the welding in front of the wheel opening and coated the backside generously with Rust Bullet.
IMG_5521.jpeg
IMG_5522.jpeg
IMG_5524.jpeg

This will be next after a bit more prep.
IMG_5525.jpeg

Back