So I bought this one today.

Here in Western NY the roads are pretty salty for most of the winter, and we have lots of 2 lane roads. The whole car gets pretty salty, of course, but it's normal for the driver's side to get extra salt spray from the the oncoming traffic. Perhaps that has something to do with this car's condition.
I agree around where I live, I mostly drive on 2 lane rural roads so the driver's side is always worse when there is no curb and the salt is dropped more central to the road too.

Trying to think of a scenario where the drivers side would see more salt than the passenger side. Maybe if it was parked on the street for extended periods and salt trucks threw salt on that (exposed) side?
‍You do have to wonder.
Or hugged the centerline when driving. Especially on slower roads, the centerline can stay snow/salt covered for extended periods.

:thumbsup:
C3C9CABC-AD1B-4B1A-B97F-FABAC3273434.jpeg

Looking good ! Is that yours spray booth or what?
Sure you need one for your work..:D!
I wish it was! This is at a friends collision shop.
I should mention that I have a replacement trunk lid there too that wasn’t quite done yet.
I have a makeshift spray room mainly For clear finishes on furniture etc. but I’m not set up for painting cars.

I wish it was! This is at a friends collision shop.
I should mention that I have a replacement trunk lid there too that wasn’t quite done yet.
I have a makeshift spray room mainly For clear finishes on furniture etc. but I’m not set up for painting cars.
Ok, our company have good spraying both for two painter's and now we have new customer and we are doing vanishing for them. Parts are for big sailboats and many of the parts are so big that we need to change one door much bigger one. How convenient, now even Baron fits inside!!:lol:...I'm not complaining !

Ok, our company have good spraying both for two painter's and now we have new customer and we are doing vanishing for them. Parts are for big sailboats and many of the parts are so big that we need to change one door much bigger one. How convenient, now even Baron fits inside!!:lol:...I'm not complaining !
I’m envious!

Everything is looking so beautiful Matt!! This is definitely inspiration for me to hit it hard from here on out with my 68. Whenever I'm feeling sick and tired of it, I see posts like these that make me more determined to get up and make more progress!

I dream of taking a little road trip in the 68, to test out that 440 and make sure she's solid!

That engine looks and sounds beautiful! What exhaust are you running? Sorry if I missed that somewhere lol

Thanks Isaiah!
The parts car had a very solid single exhaust system on it so currently it just has an off the shelf cheapo muffler that I used for break in on it. As I make my way to the rear on it again I will put the stock NORS muffler on it that I bought a few months ago.

I’m impressed by the color match.
The inner fenders, core support and firewall were single stage and since it now seams that I’m going to paint the whole car:rolleyes: my painter thought it better to go base coat-clear coat as they mix it in house. The pic with the fresh fender next to the door shows paint that probably hasn’t been anything but washed in 30 years while the pic with the side view mirror I did polish that area when I replaced the mirror.
3AD6ED7C-DF0E-4FE4-BD33-1FA6C3329597.jpeg
D101A6F2-E945-4113-AA4D-F44CAF71624A.jpeg
B9E49152-246B-4063-90F4-785197A050BB.jpeg

I spent the day with Murray Park yesterday and got the rest of the metal I need along with a few other pieces I was missing. I had never been at his place before and it did not disappoint. I was speechless more than once.:wideyed:
This quarter will need a little work but it’s the best one he had on a car he was willing to cut up. We worked together to remove it and needless to say it was fun, for me anyway…:lol:
3A92D23B-D773-4010-AD0F-A1792B92F441.jpeg
346A1661-05CF-4FAD-B873-01D97EBFF881.jpeg
06C696D6-A208-4E0E-B67F-C948CF60542E.jpeg
342198D3-5A3E-43D5-A38F-629B0A5191AA.jpeg
FF2CD7FF-426D-4D45-801B-941A0ECAB440.jpeg

Last edited:
I also bought his best front bumper which I’m hoping will clean up enough to look good on this car and also this lower rad shield and seal which this car was missing from new.
7C2CF3E4-B544-453F-9914-6AAC6FFBB1A9.jpeg
5B030DC0-CDE7-44EC-8C6D-D6F54B64CC85.jpeg

Back