Sound System

68bbwagon

Reaction score
Has anyone ever put a sound system in their C-Body. Like a big sound system with subs and everything. I'm thinking of putting one in my wagon and am wondering if I'm going to have to do insane amounts of sound deadening and tweaking things to make it not rattle at all.

I'm putting this in my NYB in a few weeks......sorry no subs.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony---52W-x-4-Apple%AE-iPod%AE-/Satellite-Radio-Ready-In-Dash-Deck/3498656.p?skuId=3498656&id=121840701229
3498656_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...air)/2594743.p?id=1218338406599&skuId=2594743

2594743_ra.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

TS-A6956

alto+falantes+pioneer+triaxiais+ts+a6956+campinas+sp+brasil__1E1E91_2.jpg

Are you going to put the radio in the dash? or make a console for it? Im thinking of making a console for mine and doing it nice and putting speakers in the console so I don't have to cut up kick panels or doors. I'd like to see some pictures of how you do your radio and speakers if you don't mind.

Front and rear speakers are going in the same place as the factory speakers.

My car only has the one speaker on the dash, so I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do. But that's cool that best buy has the mounting brackets!

My car only has the one speaker on the dash, so I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do. But that's cool that best buy has the mounting brackets!

You have to go out back where the automotive geeks are to get the bracket.

I will, probably be a while until I finish the rest of the interior which hopefully will be done sooner rather than later.

I found a great powered subwoofer that I put in my other car and will eventually put it in my 300. It has very crisp punchy bass and has a very small foot print. I bought it at Crutchfield and it is their in house subwoofer but read the revenues for yourself it's a great subwoofer. A lot of bang for the buck. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PT.html?tp=114

did your car rattle a lot? I know my car rattles a lot and I'm probably going to have to do a lot of tweaking and working to make it not rattle. Ill definitely look into that thanks!

Hey Mike,

These are C bodies, not MG's. ;)

I took my Imperial to Pickups Plus on 23 for them to look at a couple projects & the techs were all pumped about it. They want to make people's hearts stop. ;) I'm not really looking for that but I'm gonna let them put a jammin system in, along with some modern gauges.

I definitely want a big system in my car. I love listening to music and I like listening to it loud. Im thinking two 12s or 15s. My cars kind of built for a system like that.

I definitely want a big system in my car. I love listening to music and I like listening to it loud. Im thinking two 12s or 15s. My cars kind of built for a system like that.
I agree 100% but we are in the minority here.

I'm having an original radio modernized and adding an MP3 jack to it for my Imp. Parts are in I just have to go drop it off. Haven't figured out the speakers yet though.

Back