Sound System

I saw my radio yesterday when the guy doing the conversion stopped by to have a look at the car. The internals have been swapped over to digital stereo with 4 speaker leeds, a sub outlet and an outlet for mp3. The 4 X 10(or whatever size it is) thats in the dash will be replaced with 2-3" and they'll be mounted in a frame that fastens as the original does. Then I'll put 2 new 6 X 9s in the package tray and as big a sub as I can fit up in front of the spare, out of site. What I do need is a bracket that'll change the location of my rear defroster which currently resides in the right speaker mount since my car was only am to begin with. The likelihood of finding the correct bracket is probably slim so I might have to fab one. I'm using a spare am radio that came with the car and the only noticeable change to the appearance of the radio after its installed will be a small hole drilled in the face of the dial where an led will shine through in different colors depending on what band or mp3. I'll give more detail as I get it.

I think the whole thing will cost around 7 hundy, speakers and all...I hope.

Dave and I have the same join date on this board.

That's not to bad. I would have done the same thing with my radio, but when I got my car, the previous owner had already taken it out. . .

I'll be starting on my radio and speaker replacement in about a week in Indiana. Getting excited about that project too.

Either way.... if you upgrade the sound system with a subwoofer....I highly recommend getting a higher output alternator unless you like blinking headlights or burning it out shortly. Learned that the hard way all too many times.....what stock output....like 40-60A???

Got my stereo installed.....and the only vibration I'm getting is the trunk lid itself. Rattles like a big giant duck call LOL. No problems anywhere else and no dimming lights. 20130526_122310.jpg

20130526_122310.jpg

And to think we used that space to sneak a couple of extra friends into the drive-in theater.

< Sent from my tablet >

I never got around to fixing the rattle yet. Probably going to try some dynomat and go from there.

I can't handle any kinda rattle. I have a squeak in my RAM right now that's make me drive it into a tree or just pull over & walk. ;)

Then you would kill youtself in my rattle trap... 2005 2500 and everything makes noise

Back