Southern Mopar Nationals in Voldosta, GA

and overhere you can't buy anything aggressive and chemical against insects. A friend from Florida sent me some stuff over so I knew it worked against american spiders

You're kidding? Here we slam them with any poison we can

no kidding. Environmental communisim is so bad here that you can't buy stronger stuff as it might kill "valuable" insects, too.

Wasps are always trying to make nests in the cars I park outside. When I find them (usually around the bumpers, grille or door hinges) I just spray them with WD-40.

the first black widow was not impressed by brake cleaner (normal spiders just die here)

Same here Dave! I havnt been to one in almost a year. Last one was the nats in columbus last year.. I'm getting excited for it. Not expecting much for the swap meet though. Think it will be pretty picked over.. BUT everyone isnt looking for c body parts, specially formal parts so I might get lucky.. Hell they might not want to pack it up, and take it home so I might get a good bargain at the same time!

Hey Man It was great seein the car at the show. Ended up not able to bring ours and left it home. Also was behind you on the interstate for awhile till you got off on the jacksonville exit.
You should bring her to Garlit's in November this year. Its the first weekend in November and is a blast. It gets put on in Ocala,FL at Big Daddy Don Garlit's Museum of Drag Racing

Hey Man It was great seein the car at the show. Ended up not able to bring ours and left it home. Also was behind you on the interstate for awhile till you got off on the jacksonville exit.
You should bring her to Garlit's in November this year. Its the first weekend in November and is a blast. It gets put on in Ocala,FL at Big Daddy Don Garlit's Museum of Drag Racing

Thanks! I was looking for ya at the show, but didn't see you. Thought maybe you were not there for sunday. I saw the orange '69 but was sure that wasn't yours (obviously now lol) But still asked the guy if you were him.. I didn't stay by the car much during the day though. That show in november looks promising, deff try and make it to that one. Stan, what do you think?? Is that one close to you at all??? Would be pretty cool to bring the NYB out!

Sorry it took so long but here are the pictures. The show was kind of a let down, but I know they are trying to save it. None of the mopar clubs in GA were even there. Seemed like everyone was from out of state, mostly FL. Kinda sad when a mopar club out of FL has to come do the show in GA. Hopefully they can get something going on for next year..

Not many pics, but there wasnt much stuff to take pics of.. Ofcoarse I was the only C body, not one other.

The pits-

Swap meet-

Car show-

They had judges there for sunday, judging cars. I figured WTH, I'm the ony C here, plus I'd get a good laugh out of the judges cringe at the sight of my car haha They kept their cool looking at the car, and ofcoarse pointed out and laughed at any little rust and what not, and tried to follow up with "oh this is cool" yada yada yada. They kept their composure while talking with me, but the girlfriend said they were making quite the faces while I was pulling up haha.

Was kinda funny though, while the judges had their noses high under the tent, a few people came running over to check it out, and loved it. The people I talked to were happy to see it, cause it was something different then every other car there.

Ofcoarse I did get first place!! haha

Also managed to get some GREAT wall art for the garage!! I love this thing!

Alas though.. The day can't be all perfect. The car did great all day long, even raced down the track.. But once the car was home, she started blowing tranny fluid out. Then while I was lifting her up to check out underneath, I saw a very few small rust bubbles starting to show on the driver side fender that I just spent months redoing.. That really pissed me off!! Drank myself silly that night haha. Woke up yesterday even more pissed, through the cover on so I don't have to look at her.. And wont be touching it for a while lol.

Been an interesting few days!

Garlit's in November this year. Its the first weekend in November and is a blast. It gets put on in Ocala,FL at Big Daddy Don Garlit's Museum of Drag Racing

I've wanted to get to that show for a while now. We attend the Turkey run in Daytona at the end of November every year, just to hard to plan back to back trips down there.

I am always puzzled at a bad turnout of a branded event

Im not sure what was up with it... They said they only had 4 months to promote it, but made it sound like it was a show that has been going on for a while. That is why mopar muscle mag was there, to help promote. Idk. The one thing that killed me was the car that won best.of show was a 2010 challenger. I dont get how you can label a brand new car at a car show "best of show"...

I'm glad you went, Zac, and shoved that car in the judges' faces.
I can't stand judging and judges.
"Your windshield washer fluid is not the correct shade of blue for that year..."

Im not sure what was up with it... They said they only had 4 months to promote it, but made it sound like it was a show that has been going on for a while. That is why mopar muscle mag was there, to help promote. Idk. The one thing that killed me was the car that won best.of show was a 2010 challenger. I dont get how you can label a brand new car at a car show "best of show"...

wtf?
I saw a FM3 Duster which looks very nice. This should have gotten a best of show.

I HATE modern cars at car shows. The german Mopar Nats have a restriction, only pre 1980 Mopars can attend

Good Guys only allows 1972 or older. I'm not a big fan of the new stuff at shows unless they've done something really cool to it.

a all mopar with that cutoff would bevery small. imagine Carlisle that way?

and at that level it would need to switch back or there wouldn't be another show

Zac, congrats on winning the C-Body class even if you were the only one.

I would of picked your car over that metric Challenger for best of show!!!

Back