Sport Fury doesn´t blink

Damnit just figured I can’t switch the flasher and check them because they are different . One two and one is three port and they don’t fit the other way round
You know... I kept thinking that they were different and I looked up the part numbers (Rock Auto) and they were the same so I just thought I was confused (again) and went with it. I should know to trust my instincts by now, but then I don't trust my memory anymore.

Let me look and I will tell you 100% which one is the turn signal flasher.

The one with the second port is direction . 3 is hazard . Checked the wiring diagram and the cable colors . Direction flasher works great if attached to 12v. Tested again . But turn signals won’t . Just Turning on and stay that way till I release the direction switch on the column

Ok a bit more detailed description . Made it flash/blink but!: hazard switch pulled out: car blinks on the front on both sides and on the back just on that Side I chose with the direction switch on the column. Hazard switch pushed in: car just lights up left side blinker back and front or right side , depends on what I choose .

edit: when hazard switch pulled out: just the back blinks ! When I put dir on left there whole front blinks too but the back lights alternate : left on right off and so on . That is weird !! But nothing works that it just does the turn signals. Ignition on , lights out , turn signal left -> turn signals just stay on

ignition out , hazard switch pulled out -> whole back blinks simultaneously

just some examples

Last edited:
The one with the second port is direction . 3 is hazard . Checked the wiring diagram and the cable colors . Direction flasher works great if attached to 12v. Tested again . But turn signals won’t . Just Turning on and stay that way till I release the direction switch on the column
OK, I'm taking back what I said. I just looked at the '71 wiring schematic. The hazard flasher has 2 connections as does the turn signal.

When you turn the hazard flasher on, do you feel that flasher "clicking"?... I mean actually put your hand on it and feel it working.

OK, I'm taking back what I said. I just looked at the '71 wiring schematic. The hazard flasher has 2 connections as does the turn signal.

When you turn the hazard flasher on, do you feel that flasher "clicking"?... I mean actually put your hand on it and feel it working.

can even hear it clearly clicking.... the only flasher I found are these two i don’t see a second one with just 2 ports .but yes my wiring tells me same about two with two ports .

I edited my last Post for more information John :)

If you are using the Hazard switch while trying the directionals, you will get all sorts of different results.

I think that's what you are doing... Again, I think it's a little language (although your English is better than some Americans LOL) and some is my migraine haze this morning More LOL.

Okay let’s go back to the roots kinda . Directionals don’t blink they just turn on . Might be the flasher BUT this damn flasher works with the hazards on . That’s the point I am at Right now... gonna rethink the whole procedure ....

Edit: may new flasher anyways solve the problem ? Because hazard lights just go in the back. Front stays dark

Last edited:
Okay let’s go back to the roots kinda . Directionals don’t blink they just turn on . Might be the flasher BUT this damn flasher works with the hazards on . That’s the point I am at Right now... gonna rethink the whole procedure ....

Edit: may new flasher anyways solve the problem ? Because hazard lights just go in the back. Front stays dark

I don't know what the cost is where you are... But if you were in the states, the flasher is a cheap enough piece to just replace and try.

But, if the hazards are just flashing the back lights, that takes us a different direction.

The way it works is if there isn't enough load on the system (like one light bulb is out), the turn signal flasher won't flash.

So, for example to show how it functions. Let's say everything works. You turn right and it all works... turn left and it doesn't flash. Your first thing to suspect is you have a bulb burnt out on the left side.

Now, since your fronts don't seem to work with the hazards alone, I would suspect there is a problem there. Turning on the turn signal and hazard at the same time gets some results and that leads me to think you have a ground problem at the front lights.

So... Simple test... Run a wire from a good ground (these can just be clipped) to the housings of the front turn signals and I'll bet everything works.

That will be the first thing I am going to do tomorrow ! Just wondering why the dir light itself works, just not flashing, IF it might has a bad ground. But try and error and hopefully I will be successful tomorrow

All bulbs are fine and working somehow. Just no flashing. But I can turn them on and off with no issues

Sry. Because all of them are working I did not replace a single bulb. Have seen no reason yet

Sry. Because all of them are working I did not replace a single bulb. Have seen no reason yet
Then take them out and inspect them with a magnifying glass to make sure you don't have a shorted element. What I mean by that is when a element (the little squiggly wire inside the bulb) burns out sometimes it will weld/fuse with the other element causing all kinds of weird problems. Best off when buying a used car is to replace all bulbs with brand new quality bulbs. It may just save you a pullover/ticket as USA, cops here just love the tailight/brakelight out excuse to pull someone over.

Inspect the sockets too when you have the bulbs out.

Good Luck.

Fully understood. If Johns idea won´t work out I am going to replace all of them. Because wiring is triple checked and should be fine. Thanks

Okay kinda got it . Found the right second flasher with two ports too and switched it with hazard flasher . Turn signals work 100% now but hazards still just The back what’s really weird because at least one of the flashers is proven working . Additional ground to the fronts didn’t solve that issue either . But at least turn signals . Any Idee about the hazards ?

Okay kinda got it . Found the right second flasher with two ports too and switched it with hazard flasher . Turn signals work 100% now but hazards still just The back what’s really weird because at least one of the flashers is proven working . Additional ground to the fronts didn’t solve that issue either . But at least turn signals . Any Idee about the hazards ?
That's probably the switch.

Sounds like a combination of problems. At least you've solved one.

I am fine for now John ! Ordered new flasher anyways today. Still weird why the front doesn’t want to work with hazards but gonna figure it one day :)

thanks for your help guys

Just wanted to let you know that although the turn signals worked with the original flashers I replaced one with a new flasher and now the hazards work too ! 100% of the lights are good to go now . Thanks again

Did you have to use a heavier duty flasher for the hazards? I replaced both with 552 12volt flashers=got turn signal, but no hazards. Thanks, Joe

Back