spotted--a '69 beautfiul TNT 300 convertible, blue, white interior

I would have to find it. I might know where it is.

About 15 years after that I was at the Planes of Fame in Chico, CA. They rolled out a Connie. Beautiful bird!!! I was there with a friend; we both asked if we could stand under the wing when they fired it up. We were denied!!! But, we were in heaven while they did turn over each motor. Then!!! After that one taxied away they rolled up the Museum's P-51 A. Yes, an A!!! Still powered by its Allison V-12. It fired up and flew away. A great day - but I didn't have my camera!!! This was an unplanned stop; I was taking the guy to a job interview at Chino Prison.
Can't believe I said Chico. Chino CA, where the prison is!

Are you maybe referring to the B-26A or later A-26? They had a formidable array of .50 caliber guns in the nose, wings and under-wing pods and were also used to strafe enemy troop and supply / equipment moves. These aircraft were even used in the late 60's during the Viet Nam war:

View attachment 202140

View attachment 202155
No, I am not. (Although I love both planes! There was an A-26 being restored in Bakersfield when I lived there!)

Take a gander here: Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer

Plane looks a lot like Consolidated/Convair B-32 Dominator, their last WWII bomber, and the last plane to shoot down an enemy plane in the Pacific. Interestingly, the last plane to shoot down an enemy in Eoirope was an A-26! Consolidated B-32 Dominator bomber, design, development, history, production, scrapping, survivors, and photographs

Did the museum state whether that nose cone was from an A-26 or a B-25? They were used on both aircraft.

I think the most intimidating of all was the B-25 with the 75mm cannon in the nose!

LOL it's in a old auto paint store. They have all kinds of cool stuff hanging on the walls. Was A26 a night fighter that might be it. Really don't know the thread reminded me of it. Space Age Paint Mesa Az. It's ben there my whole life.

LOL it's in a old auto paint store. They have all kinds of cool stuff hanging on the walls. Was A26 a night fighter that might be it. Really don't know the thread reminded me of it. Space Age Paint Mesa Az. It's ben there my whole life.
A-26 was not designed as a night fighter, but light attack bomber. However, they carried 16 - 16! - forward firing .50 cal machine guns!! Hell of a plane. Was used in Korea and Viet Nam too, the only plane to do so other than the C-47.

In Viet Nam they were redisignated B-26. We did not want to let the world know we were attacking anyone. What a load!!!

I had a Psychology Professor in college that flew them at the end of WWII. He had been flying B-24s, but they switched his Group to the Invader. Said it was the most wonderful plane he ever flew! I passed his class by letting him borrow my Dad's C-47 Flight Handbook. I kid you not! Guess it was "good psychology." Ha!

Was out today with the Imperial at the war plane car show

20180729_093243.jpg

20180729_093410.jpg

20180729_093444.jpg

20180729_093636.jpg

20180729_093638.jpg

20180729_102655.jpg

20180729_113155.jpg

Cool!!!! Where is that? I would love to bore my wife for five hours!!!

Do you have any better pics of the F-104 Starfighter? In my opinion one of the most beautiful airplane ever built!!! I love the flying scenes from the Right Stuff!!

Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum - Canadian Aviation History - Wartime Vintage Aircraft

might find more pics here and this is the place that had the cars show
Just clicked on the link and what do I see? Fifi!!! Had the great pleasure of watching that plane fly in and land at the Bakersfield airport!

You also have a picture of an F-86. One of those flew right over me also making a landing at Bakersfield. I stopped in the middle of the street watching it fly over. The horn honking got me going again. Ha!

Just clicked on the link and what do I see? Fifi!!! Had the great pleasure of thatching that plane fly in and land at the ...so you are happy with the link then..lol Bakersfield airport!

You also have a picture of an F-86. One of those flew right over me also making a landing at Bakersfield. I stopped in the middle of the street watching it fly over. The horn honking got me going again. Ha!

Back