WANTED Still seeking '66 Imperial Rear Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

Reaction score
Contact seller
Still trying to locate a decent rear bumper for my '66 Imp. Both pieces needed - top 'light bar' section and lower bumper piece.

Pretty sure the top piece is the same for '64-'66. The lower bumper section is unique to that year due to the backup lights being added to it.

Looking for decent 'driver' condition. Doesn't need to be Pebble Beach show quality, but dent/rust/gouge-free without hunks of chrome peeling off.

Located NW of Richmond, VA and willing to drive a ways or arrange shipping if possible.

Thanks.

Hey Tony, whatever happened to getting compensation for the drivers screwup in taking your car off his trailer?

@boltupal had a set that was rechromed but I don’t remember if it was a ‘66. Murray Park will have them for sure.

Hey Tony, whatever happened to getting compensation for the drivers screwup in taking your car off his trailer?

Well, when you let them drive off with your paperwork still sitting on their front seat, you don't have much of a case. It was late, I was flipped out over the damage, tired, etc. He played dumb when I called later, no idea who I was and all that. Then he pretended to be a girl selling real estate, wrong number.

Live and learn.

Thanks for the tip, sb61fury. Will give them a call tomorrow.

detmatt - just heard back from boltupal. He has only the top light bar section which is fine as it's from a '64 but should work for a '66. The bottom bumper differs on the '66 due to the backup lights being moved down on that year only.

The bottom piece isn't too bad, could probably get it fixed if there was a bumper place around here. The chrome isn't even cracked or scratched.

Should try Murray again. He had a set but freighting was a problem at that time for some reason and I was still fighting with the insurance company for the idiot who damaged it.
DamagedArea2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back