Stumbled upon this today

It's a 57, best year for all Forward Look Mopars IMHO.
This was the year with two different headlight configurations due to state regulations.
I prefer the two lamp Version in General and the undressed trunk lid, but you can't be too picky with These rare cars.

View attachment 142428

I actually preferred the 58 models a tad more, except maybe for the Chrysler 300C. In the case of the Imperial, it seemed the 1958 grille was more refined and upscale looking than the kind of simple grille in the 1957 Imperial. All great looking cars in 1957/8 though. The 59s were a drop downward overall I thought with excess ornamentation on some.

I remember seeing that same car a week ago Matt. Don't remember where exactly. I've been stuck in court all last week so it could be Pontiac, Waterford maybe Troy?
I'd call it Troy.
Court???

I could reach my hand into the back of the rocker but I still want it.

IMG_20170909_202456415.jpg

Ok, I'm going for a closer look tomorrow. The current owner has owned it for 15 years and it was a driver up till 5 years ago when it was parked in a barn, Unfortunately its spent the last year outside. When it was a driver he had some brake work done which is good. The parts that appear to be missing are in the trunk but he says he has no knowledge of the condition of the frame or floors. The parts car is a 4 door with no engine, trans, glass or interior but has all the chrome including good bumpers but again he didn't know the condition of the body/frame on it either so I gotta go see for myself. He put a battery in it and it turns over and is getting gas but no spark so he's ordered new plug wires and a cap.

Im going to be watching the story on this one closely. It is one of my favorite cars.

Maybe the 4dr. is the better saveable car in this case. I'm done with the prospect of These pics already. Needs a braver guy than me.

Yeah, this is the jury duty i got rescheduled so i could make Carlisle. Got seated on a jury and it ain't pretty. All i can say.
I got seated on one jury years ago and I found it a very interesting experience but one I hope I don't have to repeat.
As far as this car goes I would love it if it could be made to be a driver that I or someone else could maybe pick away at and if not restore at least preserve.

Yeah, this is the jury duty i got rescheduled so i could make Carlisle. Got seated on a jury and it ain't pretty. All i can say.
While it can be an honour to do your duty as a citizen it can also be a royal pain. Once you are free to do so it would be interesting to know the circumstances and outcome.

That 4 door would make great yard art. Build a permanent display, (diarama), with your company logo on the door like the pickers did.

While it can be an honour to do your duty as a citizen it can also be a royal pain. Once you are free to do so it would be interesting to know the circumstances and outcome.
You wouldn't believe the excuses people come up with. Even the judge was rolling his eyes.
Oh, and not one millenial on the jury. What a bunch of whinny children. Thought the one young fella was going to start with the tears as attorneys quizzed him.

I Like That '57 ! Hope you get it. What kind of money is the seller asking ?

That 4 door would make great yard art. Build a permanent display, (diarama), with your company logo on the door like the pickers did.
It would but the city wouldn't go for that at my current location. Here's the parts car by the way.
IMG_20170911_095014035.jpg

Back