Subframe Bushings?

greasemonkeyman

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure nobody makes a kit for C-Body subframe bushings,but does anyone have the factory part numbers,maybe I can cross-reference them and put something together.Does anyone happen to have a picture of what these subframe bushings look like (new or used)and are all of them the same part for each mounting point? I was also wondering if these bushing could be found in Urethane or Rubber.Another option would be to have them revulcanized.Has anyone removed them from their car and had one of the bolts break or did they come out with typical force? Anyone have a solution?

Places like Energy suspension make body mount bushing kits....but they probably only cater to muscle cars. Perhaps you'll luck out and find that A/B/ E bodies used the same bushing as the C body. We often have to make parts work on C bodies.

Also, what year/ model of car. I know that 65 was an odd-ball year in many ways.

It's a 67 Chrysler New Yorker Fastop.If I can get part numbers then maybe Mopar A/B/E body bushings may work,but I'd have to check each individual part because most times they are sold as a complete kit.

Are all the bushings on the subframe the same size? And I haven't actually slide under the car lately but it looks like there are 3 per side,is this correct?

Aren't all A, B, and E bodies k member cars? Where the C bodies have the removable stub, the only part of the other three bodies that can unbolt is the k member.

Aren't all A, B, and E bodies k member cars? Where the C bodies have the removable stub, the only part of the other three bodies that can unbolt is the k member.

Correct, smaller Mopars have K members and C bodies the stub frame. I've never investigated if Chrysler Corp re-purposed the bushings across the different car lines, though...he'll probably have to make something work.

The later model B-bodies like the 73 or 74 Charger has rubber isolators on the K member, they may be similar in size? Worth checking out.

I came across the original post because 71Polara383 asked for update. I read the previous posts. I have owned and have salvaged parts from numerous 1967 Fury's. Including complete front sub frames. The 1967 C Body Chrysler product did not use bushings where the front sub frame bolts to the uni-body part of the car. There are large shims or spacer plates used for frame alignment. I see that greasemonkeyman has not posted a reply since 2/22/14. Hope he is ok, and would like clarification on his concern. Looking to be as helpful as I can.

The bushings started in 1970 with the torsion quiet isolators. There are many threads and comments regarding these, but to date most have simply made their own out of various materials, or sourced better ones from later models. Would love to hear if someone found a source for these after market.

Is it true that my 1965 Newport has no such rubber bushings? I have never seen such and have been underneath many times and removed engine, transmission, and front & rear suspensions. The tranny cross-over is metal-metal bolt-on, just like my 1960's A-body cars. My C-body has a welded-in K-frame, as I recall, unlike the bolt-in in my A-bodies.

Is it true that my 1965 Newport has no such rubber bushings? I have never seen such and have been underneath many times and removed engine, transmission, and front & rear suspensions. The tranny cross-over is metal-metal bolt-on, just like my 1960's A-body cars. My C-body has a welded-in K-frame, as I recall, unlike the bolt-in in my A-bodies.
That is correct, no bushings pre 1970.

A decent ‘70-‘73 parts car. Other than that, I remember someone using a regulation size hockey puck, apparently the dimensions are the same.

A decent ‘70-‘73 parts car. Other than that, I remember someone using a regulation size hockey puck, apparently the dimensions are the same.
I wonder if there would be a market for these?

Wouldnt the hockey pucks be too stiff and compromise the "ISO quiet ride"

I wonder if there would be a market for these?

Wouldnt the hockey pucks be too stiff and compromise the "ISO quiet ride"
Not sure if any other models use the isolators, so the market might be limited to FCBO. I think the pucks would be better than solid metal spacers, but I’m not aware of any feedback from using them. I wonder if there are similar isolators that are/were used on large Ford or GM models that could be retrofit?

Ressurecting this old topic (very intersting postages), I have a similar doubt, I current own a '68 Custom Suburban, and it seems to have a round bushing at the rear parte of the stub frame (one per side), and some spacer at the front side (one per side, too). I didn't disassembled it, just observating from below. Curious if somebody found some solution to this case, since my car semms to have a bit different gaps comparing side to side. Followed attached, a picture of the rear part.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-16 at 08.05.32 (1).jpeg

Ressurecting this old topic (very intersting postages), I have a similar doubt, I current own a '68 Custom Suburban, and it seems to have a round bushing at the rear parte of the stub frame (one per side), and some spacer at the front side (one per side, too). I didn't disassembled it, just observating from below. Curious if somebody found some solution to this case, since my car semms to have a bit different gaps comparing side to side. Followed attached, a picture of the rear part.

View attachment 559540
I was hoping that Firmfeel.com might have them, but I don't see a listing.

Back