sun glare

jct

Reaction score
how do you manage all the sun glare off the hood i'm been thinking of just wrapping it in a mat finish of some color and the windshield doesn't help either.

Plasti-dip..

f58bedb4-ae5a-44e3-9f64-2403bddcf545_400.jpg

You can order tempory window tinting. It is thicker and apply it on the inside for 6-8" from the bottom up. It can be removed and reused when needed. I put it on the back window of my '78 New Yorker St Regis Coupe. It is on the outside and goes 75 mph and never came off. It is cheaper,looks better than painting the hood flat black plus its tempory (no loss in cars value).

most likely will plasti-dip it a flat clear not worried about the value too much, just having fun with since it's a respray with some toyota color

most likely will plasti-dip it a flat clear not worried about the value too much, just having fun with since it's a respray with some toyota color

You seriously want to do that to this?
P1030771_zpslcawykzm.jpg

I'm taking away your keys until you come to your senses. .

Get a hat like this guy.....or ask Ross if you can borrow his hat.....

3930004752_e2f28478f5.jpg

3930004752_e2f28478f5.jpg

You seriously want to do that to this?
P1030771_zpslcawykzm.jpg

I'm taking away your keys until you come to your senses. .

But you thanked Bob for his suggestion! We need a "no thank you button".

Beautiful car car by the way, how did I miss that one?

paint is not original, and it is parked under trees if it was parked in the sun, the plastic on my speedo will bubble up like craziness until it settles back down under the shade...

i'm doing it for every body else's safety even mine i want to see where i'm going still need to fix the awful glare on the windshield...

just talking out loud, doesn't mean i'm going to do it. the plasti-dipping and wrapping is reversible. painting it black not so much

That paint does look nice though, at least from what I can see in the picture.

I used to have that problem with my car years ago, but she sat outside for so long before I built my garage that the paint isn't shiny anymore. She needs a repaint. What I used to do was just avoid driving it within an hour or so after sunrise and before sunset, the worst times for glare. I realize that may not be practical for you though.

I'm wondering if it's the windshield that is causing the problem. The top of the dash should be a flat color too.

Try cleaning the windshield doing something like this:

I've done this with a razor blade rather than steel wool. Either way, that gets it clean and I'll bet it might cut down your glare problem. If nothing else, the windshield looks good when you are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
even when i had my FURY the sun glare was a proplem reflecting off the hood

Keep a pillow handy and through it under your but when the sun hits a certain way I have this issue with my big truck (when its clean) I put air in the seat to change my angle.

I've never had a problem with glare off my hood, new one on me.
I always wanted my hood to be the shinest part of my car because it's what I see when driving, Sometimes I just look at the hood.

Perhaps sunglasses, (as suggested), or perhaps an eye exam is in order.

Back