Super Stock Springs

GooBak

Reaction score
Can they be used on a C-Body? Will they ruin the ride? Are they worth it? Am I being a dumbass?

They make a b body version but you will have to make or have made extended front spring hangers I believe can't remember c body front segment length the a bodies are quite a bit smaller the front hanger would be too long I think plus the weight issue. There is a spring manufacturer assembler in the Detroit area I don't know if they are still around they could build something I'm sure following the super stock formula of thick stack front segment to keep Axel planted rear segment does all jounce and rebound.

I was curious if anyone had done it as well... Would it actually improve 60ft times or do you think it would be major overkill?

As long as your springs aren't hopping/ winding up I see no gain of course the more you build it will happen more of a problem in the rear suspension is the front spring eye bushing and the rubber isolator crap at the spring perch ask Alan to get you a picture of how it should be from his chp car.

CHP= California highway patrol? and as a noob, um, whos alan?

Stiffer springs will help reduce axle windup which will help the 60 foot times by helping plant the rubber. An adjustable pinion snubber will help to but make sure you don't run it adjusted up to the floor on the street, just at the track. Stiffer springs will also help with body roll in the corners.

You may not actually want to go SS springs though, just increase leafs to 7 on pass and 6 on drivers like hemi and 440 B body cars.

Mopar Muscle mag has a project C ody. I think its a 69 Newport convert 383 2bbl. The stock springs had started to sag & droop the rear. Even though it didn't have traction issues they installed a pair of XHD springs & the car returned to a proper ride height & picked up on the 60 ft a 10th or better if I remember correctly. Good read. Should be on their web site. I hope they continue on with improvement & articles on the car.

Yeah they used the pst ones. 7 Leaf per side

Mopar Muscle mag has a project C ody. I think its a 69 Newport convert 383 2bbl. The stock springs had started to sag & droop the rear. Even though it didn't have traction issues they installed a pair of XHD springs & the car returned to a proper ride height & picked up on the 60 ft a 10th or better if I remember correctly. Good read. Should be on their web site. I hope they continue on with improvement & articles on the car.

Hows the ride? I know ride is 90% shocks but if the springs are too stiff... im curious

That's why I was suggesting against the SS springs originally but maybe 68plymouth383 can tell you if they're a good ride.

I've heard the SS springs are just too stiff (and raise the rear too high) for some

Why SS springs? You can order any springs you need, 5,6, or 7 leaf springs, stock height,1" or 2" over stock height..

The springs give the car a great controlled ride. Not to stiff, and definitely not to soft. The car handles corners without leaning and when on full throttle the rear is very stable and tracks straight. Everybody tells me that C Body's just glide down the road. I wanted a muscle car C body!! It drives, and handles like a muscle car, and still has great road manners. I can jump in and go for a 200 mile run and be very comfortable without feeling like its a Cadillac. I love the rake the springs gave the car also.

Hows the ride? I know ride is 90% shocks but if the springs are too stiff... im curious
doc needed a bath2.jpgdoc needed a bath3.jpgSL733770.jpgLeaf Spring Comparison.jpg

doc needed a bath3.jpg

doc needed a bath2.jpg

SL733770.jpg

Leaf Spring Comparison.jpg

Is that the factory arch and just stiffer/more springs that gives you the rise, or did you go like an inch over with the arch?

The new springs have a higher spring rate. The lift came naturally from getting good springs that don't sag. I went from staggered 4 on drivers side, and 5 on passenger side to. 7 Leafs per side.

Stock

• Spring Capacity = 760
  • Spring Rate = 95

Heavy Duty/Super Stock

Spring Capacity = 1120

Spring Rate = 125

Is that the factory arch and just stiffer/more springs that gives you the rise, or did you go like an inch over with the arch?

Very nice. Is it more expensive to make Super Stocks fit, or to have new leaves custom made?

Also, have you done any... autocrossing? The idea that originally brought me here was a big-*** car that handles... then y'all sucked me in lol

Back