Swaybar kits for the C body

Boyd

Reaction score
I have been shopping for a swaybar kit for my 65 New Yorker. Found Addco and Mopar at Summitt. Bigred turned me on to FirmFeel. I really like the Firmfeel, but I am not sure I want to spend the additional money.
Has anybody else installed swaybars on their C bodies? Are there any others that I should look at? How as installation and are you happy with them?
Thank you for your help!

Front sway bar? Aftermarket upgrade or putting one where there isn't one? My Polara came standard with one, 383/727 car. Once I replaced the bushings it made a world of difference. I'm planning on adding a rear sway bar highlighted in another thread.

Front sway bar? Aftermarket upgrade or putting one where there isn't one? My Polara came standard with one, 383/727 car. Once I replaced the bushings it made a world of difference. I'm planning on adding a rear sway bar highlighted in another thread.
There is one there, but the supports are destroyed. There was a 413 in the car and someone put a 440 in it. I have also put discs on the front. I think a beefier one will be better for a larger engine and new will make me feel safer. I hope to do some interstate driving and would feel a lot safer.

I have both the front and rear sway bars from FF. Unfortunately I haven't had time to install the rear one yet, but I will say this. FF may be a bit more expensive, but their customer service is second to none. Their products are also top notch, well engineered and finished; which is rare in the C body world. The front sway bar made a big difference compared to the stock one, and hopefully the rear will add all the more. Save a little more to spring the FF, you won't be disappointed.

I don't have time to search the thread but I posted a thread around last March. Highly recommend Feel Firm rear sway, the cheaper sway bar won't fit on our early c-bodies. I am amazed at how flat my 66 300 corners now. It was the last thing I did after replaced or rebuilt everything on the suspension and it still was a dramatic difference.

I bought a sway bar for the rear of my Newport. I simply could not find a way to mount it. The dual exhaust would not clear regardless of how I tried. Tried to put it on my friend's 300 Hurst and ran it the same problems.

There is one there, but the supports are destroyed. There was a 413 in the car and someone put a 440 in it. I have also put discs on the front. I think a beefier one will be better for a larger engine and new will make me feel safer. I hope to do some interstate driving and would feel a lot safer.
My bushings were shot, are those the supports you were referring to? I had a 383 and now have a 440. I haven't noticed a big difference between the two. The new bushings were a dramatic impact vs the engines weight.

I don't have time to search the thread but I posted a thread around last March. Highly recommend Feel Firm rear sway, the cheaper sway bar won't fit on our early c-bodies. I am amazed at how flat my 66 300 corners now. It was the last thing I did after replaced or rebuilt everything on the suspension and it still was a dramatic difference.

I think it's one of the ones I posted above Zy

For you guys that have replaced the sway bar bushings, I've adjusted the torsion bars to the proper height spec and have new shocks but the car still has quite a bounce at highway speeds, did replacing the bushings improve that? Did you change them all and the insulators or just the end ones that attach to the strut links? Thanks in advance.

Following this thread with interest. Just ordered new bushings after reading this. Will update with results once I get them installed.

Is there a consensus on replacing the bushings vs. upgrading to a new sway bar (front)? Do these bars "wear out"?

Following this thread with interest. Just ordered new bushings after reading this. Will update with results once I get them installed.

Is there a consensus on replacing the bushings vs. upgrading to a new sway bar (front)? Do these bars "wear out"?

Just the bushings wear out. I bought a new front sway bar because I couldn't find the bushings for the old. I think it is a little better design too. I did the whole front suspension including the new sway bar at the same time so I can't compare the old with the new.
For you guys that have replaced the sway bar bushings, I've adjusted the torsion bars to the proper height spec and have new shocks but the car still has quite a bounce at highway speeds, did replacing the bushings

I agree the sway bar doesn't affect the bounce you are having. Something doesn't seem right, quite honestly the shocks should be your problem. The first thing I did was change out my shocks and the bounce was gone. I just used cheap ones. This was before I rebuild any of the front suspension. What shocks did you install?

Just the bushings wear out. I bought a new front sway bar because I couldn't find the bushings for the old. I think it is a little better design too. I did the whole front suspension including the new sway bar at the same time so I can't compare the old with the new.

Monro #5811 sensatrac's, about two years ago, not many miles on them. I'm sure there are better, what can you recommend?

I have heard the Bilsteins are the best, not cheap. One of our sponsors PST sells then. 10% off to FCBO members and free shipping

I went with KYB gas adjust, decent ride. Next time I need shocks I'll try the Bilsteins.

Wouldn't control arm bushings in conjunction with the shock absorbers control vertical travel? If you are having a floating or bouncing sensation the look in those areas

Wouldn't control arm bushings in conjunction with the shock absorbers control vertical travel? If you are having a floating or bouncing sensation the look in those areas
Also, if the strut rod bushings are shot, the sway bar bushings will be right behind them, and new ones will not last. Ask me how I know?

Back