Testing car radios - what's needed?

Thanks Boomer .. No tube radios. It's primarily late 60's/early 70's, some late 70's early 80's factory mopar radios and a smattering of late 80's early 90's electronic radios.

The big speakers were a set of Pioneer HPM-40's I brought home to sell separately from the car radios actually ... that part was just a joke. I sold those yesterday. I have some 80's era aftermarket car radio speakers I will get next time I'm there and plan to get some wires / alligator clips to power and ground from a car battery. I did bring home a car antenna with the correct connector on it for the signal :)

John, those vibrators are getting to be scarce. Failure is seldom from the coil opening, more often it's the contacts welding or otherwise sticking together. Sometimes a shot of juice to the coil will break them loose but it's always a gamble. You can always open the can and clean or free them up, just seal the can back up well afterward.

Smacking them on the side of the can sometimes works too! I think there's about 10 of them in the box. I gotta list them on ebay one of these days.

Back