The 1st cruise in for this fowardlook

Will 1 person suggested I paint the car black like my other '61 . That 1 had also had a red and white interior.
I might was well repaint it the same color to make things easier for my dad

good girl yer learnin....woulda been a pain another color anyway as you woulda had to deal with firewall and trunk or woulda been odd...woulda had to pull engine to do firewall properly ect..looking at car is good chance you can just clean the firewall up and touch up as needed...some cars need a color change...cars like yours is best left the same

Last edited:
Yesterday I went to the Athens, AL monthly cruise in on the square. I was going to go to the Mount pleasant car show but fan belt broke when my dad test drove the car after putting a better fan on the car. He said that it was his fault the fan broke I said no I was planing to replace all the belts . It also has a new power steering belt also . later on I plan to replace the AC beltView attachment 35903View attachment 35904View attachment 35905

Your a lucky girl Steph ............... Owner of not only one beautiful 61 Fury, but a second one too.
My hats off to your dad & Mom for supporting you

Your a lucky girl Steph ............... Owner of not only one beautiful 61 Fury, but a second one too.
My hats off to your dad & Mom for supporting you

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this one's the replacement for that gorgeous black one that went up in flames sadly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this one's the replacement for that gorgeous black one that went up in flames sadly.

Yep ....... That was Stephs car. I had seen the black one several times at local shows and it was a beauty.
Steph seems to have recovered pretty well, (better then I would have after a loss like that), and located and bought a car to rival the black one.
You go girl .........!!!!!!!

I was the 1 who watched my black car burn and it made me sick to my stomach.
My dad also said the '61 plymouths look good in any color but it will still be repainted the same color to make things easier. I would like to do an off frame restoration on the car but I do not have the extra cash for this right now. I am saving my funds right now .
My dad says it does not run as good as my other 1 . 1 of my plans is to have the motor rebuilt and convert to electronic ignition.

Last edited:
Back