The Admiral's getting paint.

Very happy for you. Can't wait to see it all shine and new looking.

The Admiral is home with a new coat of paint. He looks great. There are a couple of minor flaws that will probably go away when he's cut & buffed in a couple of months. But I came in under 4K for the job including materials.
Very happy. NOW........ I have to detail & reassemble in time to hit the road on the 14th

DSC02838 (Large).JPG

DSC02839 (Large).JPG

DSC02840 (Large).JPG

DSC02841 (Large).JPG

4k is a terrific deal. A nice wet buff makes a world of a difference, actually an amazing difference. Very nice!

This was suppost to be a "work on the camper" day. But I couldn't resist installing a couple of pieces on the Admiral.....

DSC02845 (Large).JPG

Looks great Will! My favorite part of restoring the car is putting all the trim back on, after painting. I believe I got work done early every day until it was all back on. Can't wait to see the trim all back on.

I stripped the trim and did most of the prep work. The painter took care of a couple of minor dents and final prep and paint. It's a great way to keep cost down.

I have zero bodywork skills and my NYB needed a lot of rust repair. I have to pay the Iron price! LOL!

I have zero bodywork skills and my NYB needed a lot of rust repair. I have to pay the Iron price! LOL!

I'm right there with ya Bob. Body work is not my forte. It's getting more and more difficult to find a reliable metal guy who will do just a small job for you. I found five "soft" areas in the Admiral, the largest was about 8" x 2.5". I cut back to good metal, formed patchs from an old repop floor panel I had and, using a borrowed MIG welder, welded them into the body. (Lower area of both front fenders, left rear 1/4 panel and right rear dog leg). Then used a resin filler, several thin smears and lots of sanding. It took a couple of days for me to get it right. I can't tell where they are now..... Glad I didn't have to pay myself to do that

Looks great Will, between you Critter and Alan I'm inspired and dejected at the same time!

Back