The beginning of a new life and a new build!

So. You are our wiring GURU? :yaayy:

Well that may be taking it a bit far but here is a pic of progress on the race car I just did.
Copy of 2013-05-19 13.22.41.jpg2013-05-19 13.23.33.jpg

Copy of 2013-05-19 13.22.41.jpg

2013-05-19 13.23.33.jpg

Yes that is me driving. The car is owned by Dennis Overholser the original founder of Painless Wiring where I work tech support. We have been working out the bugs as it is still pretty much a new car. There is a wheelie bar getting put on it and we are putting a new oil pan on it as the other one wasn't the right one for the engine. Its a lot of fun but can test the nerves a little bit sometimes!

Yeah I guess .. ballz of steel to sit behind that thing

Yes, sir.

And I do dig those wheels, so if anyone knows the name of them, I can start searching Craig's List for a set sized for a (gasp!) Chevy.

They are Chrysler Urethane road wheels originally available on Cordobas/ Chargers and other B bodies of the seventies..they were available from 75-78... only available in 5 x 4.5 bolt circle.

cordoba-JPEG[1].jpg

I love that interior color combo! That car is pure awesomeness! Good luck with it!

I remember that interior combo in Copper colored cars in 65. It was kind of the Sprot Furys signature look. Beautiful. Espically with a black vinal top.

BJS, any headway on your car? What's your plan?

Not any progress yet. Took some under hood pics yesterday when I got home. I will post them up here in just a bit. Ran into a couple of problems on the race car that are going to set me back another week or so before I can get the Fury unloaded and in the garage and get started working on it.

I plan on pulling all the wiring out of the car and installing a Painless 10127 wiring harness in it while putting in the MSD 6AL2 box I have for it. I need a factory low deck electronic dizzy to put in the car. I hate and I mean hate the Mallory that is in it. So if any one has one laying around let me know. I am also going to put in a vintage air unit that I have. Figured while I have all of it out and I send the gauges off to Redline Gauge Works to get the gauges updated I will clean up the dash and do some cool stuff to it paint wise while its all torn apart. Does anyone by chance know if the dash will unbolt out of the car or is this one of the ones that are welded in? I am also going to replace the fuel pump and lines as well as the carb with one I am building. My Optima batteries just showed up a couple of days ago so I have a fresh battery for the car as well. I will make a new battery tray and get it mounted in while doing all the wiring work. Really looking forward to getting started just need a break on some of the rest of life!

The whole dash will unbolt but you have to pull windshield out, top bolts will be under gasket.

Sweet! Thanks! I need to get a new windshield any way so that is not a big deal. I couldn't remember from the other one I had as it was a couple of days ago since I had it. I am thinking of pulling the dash and doing some metal work on it and then having the dash done in an orange carbon fiber hydrographic to match the door panel and seats.

If you are looking for an inexpensive electronic distributor check out Whites Performance. They are in Tennessee if I remember correctly. They have a pretty good website as well. They have an HEI style billet distributor that works well with the 383 in my Fury. Cost a lot less than an MSD or any others I looked into.

Uggghh a Mallory uni-lite can't blame you for wanting that scrap aluminum piece out of there. Auto zone has reman stock electronic dist. go to one that has a young kid working late and give that Mallory as the core just do it at a different time so they are not side by side. Just ask for one for a 73 fury with a 400

Uggghh a Mallory uni-lite can't blame you for wanting that scrap aluminum piece out of there. Auto zone has reman stock electronic dist. go to one that has a young kid working late and give that Mallory as the core just do it at a different time so they are not side by side. Just ask for one for a 73 fury with a 400

That was in my plan! Just sucks because I have a brand new MSD for a small block laying on the shelf for the 408 I was going to build. That is something else that I have been torn about. Thought about building it and the 904 I have and putting in the car as I have always been a small block guy.

Back