The beginning of a new life and a new build!

Yes it came with factory power brakes. I'm still working on why the pedal gets hard after one braking cycle. Everything is new. Car stops fine, but that hard pedal scares me a bit. After I press the brakes to stop then on the second press it kind of gets hard and the car is a little hard to stop, but it does. I'm leaning towards the vacuum pump not keeping up. I haven't had a chance to get out to trouble shoot it.

Did you ever figure out your gas tank filler neck? It would be kinda cool to move it to the rear of the car and delete the original on the side, if you're doing bodywork...

Yes it came with factory power brakes. I'm still working on why the pedal gets hard after one braking cycle. Everything is new. Car stops fine, but that hard pedal scares me a bit. After I press the brakes to stop then on the second press it kind of gets hard and the car is a little hard to stop, but it does. I'm leaning towards the vacuum pump not keeping up. I haven't had a chance to get out to trouble shoot it.

That sounds exactly like a low vacuum problem to me. thanks for the info. I will be getting to that after I get the fuel tank and engine stuff sorted out.

Goo, no I haven't done anymore back there yet as I have been trying to get stuff done under the hood so I can get parts and powder coating done. I am picking up powder coating tonight on the way home and have parts sitting on the door step for when I get home so hopefully tomorrow night I can get started back on getting this baby back together and get it running again. I will try to get some pics tonight of new and pretty parts before the manditory thrusday night shows start!

You can call me Zach... but you gave me a dukes of hazard moment... "I said NO BO NO!" "Oh, I thought you said GO BO GO!" LOL

Well I picked up the powder coating last night and man have I got to say WOW! Rhonda and the guys at E powdercoating in Mesquite really have always done a great job but really did me a great job on this stuff. Granted they also know that I am a PITA and will not take it unless it is as good as it can possibly be. Even with 50 year old rusty metal after sand blasting they were not 100% perfect but the only way to have gotten that would have been to bring them back home and do some sanding and smoothing but you almost can't tell. I didn't get a chance to get the pics last night but I will get some this weekend and post them up on Monday. Here is their website. They even do multi color powder coating. I saw a hood they did a pitina finish on for the first time and man it was pretty freakin cool!

http://www.epowdercoatingllc.com/

Really great people and great service. Not the cheapest but they really, really do great work!

I also got my box of goodies from summit racing last night. So I will get pics of all that up as well on monday. Looks like I am going to have a busy weekend.

Have to get up in the morning and go pick up the radiator as well. I dropped it off to Bill's Radiator in Plano. $65 for flushing the radiator out and making sure it is tested and all new and pretty for me is a very cheap insurance on going forward with the build! I have dealt with these guys in the past at another shop I worked at in the past and I can tell you that they are great stand up guys that will not lead you in the wrong direction. Oh and if you deal with them warning Gary is very much a character and loves a good joke! Check them out.

http://www.billsradiatorandmuffler.com/

Sounds like you'll have a busy weekend. but a fun one! We are going to have a few days of sunny weather here and getting close to 60 out. I'm going to be working on my car all day tomorrow to get it ready for our first Stewarts Cruise night and meet on Sunday. Man I can't wait. BADASS MOPAR WEEKEND!!!

Well regretfully I didn't get much done on the car. Did get the front of the engine cleaned up and painted and the new timing chain on though. Here are a couple of pics of some of the powder coated parts and one of the engine. Sorry but the lighting was kinda crappy. Oh and one shot of the new valve covers as well. Can't wait to get it all back together to see how much better it all looks.

2014-04-07 05.54.15.jpg2014-04-07 05.54.34.jpg2014-04-07 05.54.43.jpg2014-04-07 05.54.55.jpg2014-04-07 05.55.27.jpg

2014-04-07 05.54.15.jpg

2014-04-07 05.54.34.jpg

2014-04-07 05.54.43.jpg

2014-04-07 05.54.55.jpg

2014-04-07 05.55.27.jpg

Sorry to hear that and I'm sure it don't make it better,.but I'm going through the same thing right now and it's not fun. What is your real name if ya don't mind me asking?

Sorry to hear that and I'm sure it don't make it better,.but I'm going through the same thing right now and it's not fun. What is your real name if ya don't mind me asking?

Yeah it sucks. And the worst part is I thought everything was going much better then it was. Caught me a little off guard. My name is Jason Hamner. Sorry thought I had put that out there. I know you probably told me yours but what is it again? Best of luck to you on dealing with yours as well man. Let me know if you need to vent a bit. We both seem to be going through pretty much the same crap. Except your car is way beyond nicer than mine!

Yeah it sucks. And the worst part is I thought everything was going much better then it was. Caught me a little off guard. My name is Jason Hamner. Sorry thought I had put that out there. I know you probably told me yours but what is it again? Best of luck to you on dealing with yours as well man. Let me know if you need to vent a bit. We both seem to be going through pretty much the same crap. Except your car is way beyond nicer than mine!

Man, that sucks. Hope you two work it out. We have pretty much identical cars. Mines a 4 speed. But that is trumped by your options. Bought mine to flip but after a 35 mile drive, it stays. My trunk is also rotted pretty bad but I an an ASE Master Tech and a master fabricator. No biggy. Again, I hope you two work it out. To me, my wife is my riht arm. Couldn't do any of it without her.

You know what she bought me for Christmas? Yup. A John Deer 3038 tractor/loader. My kind of gal.

Man, that sucks. Hope you two work it out. We have pretty much identical cars. Mines a 4 speed. But that is trumped by your options. Bought mine to flip but after a 35 mile drive, it stays. My trunk is also rotted pretty bad but I an an ASE Master Tech and a master fabricator. No biggy. Again, I hope you two work it out. To me, my wife is my riht arm. Couldn't do any of it without her.

You know what she bought me for Christmas? Yup. A John Deer 3038 tractor/loader. My kind of gal.

Thanks man. I'm happy that you have a good relationship with your wife. I wish I had that. I'm hoping it will get better one day with us, but there's a lot a hurt at the moment.

Not much of an update but I did manage to get the water pump housing on the car this weekend and get the power steering pump cleaned up a little bit and some paint on it. Going to try and work on getting everything bolted back up on the front of the engine and get the intake off so I can get it cleaned up and painted. Then its just belts and hoses and a new fuel line and finish building the car and bleed the brakes and see what I have to work with. Hopefully in the next week or two I can afford to get this thing up and running again and maybe even get a couple of miles on it.

Very cool. Looking forward to hearing it run and you updating on how it runs down the road. Post some pics of the motor when you get everything bolted back up!

Been reading through this thread the last couple days. Hope you both get things worked out with your wives. I know it can be tough at times, and working on cars sometimes takes a back seat to other things. I'm looking forward to more progress Jason, when time allows. Keep up the good work.

Been reading thru this, if things work out and you get back to wrenching on the 65 and find you need trim...I have a bunch of it in the garage I took of a 65 I cut up for parts. If there is anything you need and I have it, its yours for the cost of shipping. I have no use for it. Just PM me and let me know if it comes to it.

Back