The Bluesmobile

Did you reconnect the jumper clip for the ground?

Jumper wire? Only wire I saw was the one that connects to the sending unit.. Am I missing something? It worked before (old sender) sender was rotted to all hell.

The female connector does not seam real sturdy going to the sending unit. Can hear it "snap" in place when seated. But it's not very secure. Tried moving it around for better connection. Got nothing

MF289.JPG

Clips on fuel line to ground the sender.

Hmmm.... thank you john!!

Nope that was not there when I took the old out. Probably rotted away years and years ago. I would assume it was grounding out on the straps before. Now with all the new paint theres no way for it to ground now. I'll have to try a jumper wire on the tube, see if it will show something.

If it does I'll figure a way to run a ground wire to it.

Alright,

Fuel sending unit is working. Have a wire clamped to the sending unit running to a fuel line hold down bolt. It's registering right above E. have around 4 gallons in it now. Need to run the car up to the gas station, and get it filled to see how she really works.

Got the quarter panel extensions cleaned, and painted on the back side. Idk what kind of metal they are.. tried to weld up the trim holes on them, but it wouldn't take. So back to filler.

Rocker panels got sanded down, and filler applied. Used up some spot putty on them. They have a bunch of pits... didn't go as crazy with it on the driver side. Again, not looking for perfect, just decent.

Started on the roof. Got the driver side C pillar stripped, and a new layer of filler applied. Hoping to have the roof done tomorrow.

It's time for a beer!

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

Thank you oh wonderful old vynal top! Sonofa... took the top windshield trim out. Think this is the first time ever since it was put on at the factory. There was still bits of the vynal top hiding underneath it. It made the top driver side corner rot out right under the roof skin. Along with the other small holes on the roof seen.

We all know how hard it is to come by formal glass. I'm not risking it! I spot welded up the pin holes on top, cleaned the area, and filled the hole with some silicone. Hopefully this will hold for a while. A new coat of filler over the corner, and about good to go.

Same thing on the passenger side. Except no rot in the window channel luckily. Just pin holes up top. Ran the welder out of wire.. Think I'll finish it with just filler...

Think I'm doing pretty good though. The first time I did the car up, it used 2 and a half gallons of bondo lol. I've only used about a quart so far this time, and am pretty much done with it.

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

Thank you oh wonderful old vynal top! Sonofa... took the top windshield trim out. Think this is the first time ever since it was put on at the factory. There was still bits of the vynal top hiding underneath it. It made the top driver side corner rot out right under the roof skin. Along with the other small holes on the roof seen.

We all know how hard it is to come by formal glass. I'm not risking it! I spot welded up the pin holes on top, cleaned the area, and filled the hole with some silicone. Hopefully this will hold for a while. A new coat of filler over the corner, and about good to go.

Same thing on the passenger side. Except no rot in the window channel luckily. Just pin holes up top. Ran the welder out of wire.. Think I'll finish it with just filler...

Think I'm doing pretty good though. The first time I did the car up, it used 2 and a half gallons of bondo lol. I've only used about a quart so far this time, and am pretty much done with it.

Zac love ya like my own brotha but can you insert the pictures as full size? My ADD kicks in switching back and forth and....squirrel lol

Btw looks great!

Zac love ya like my own brotha but can you insert the pictures as full size? My ADD kicks in switching back and forth and....squirrel lol

Btw looks great!

Sorry my man! I'll try again soon. I finally joined the sheep, and got a new iPhone a couple months back (when I started attaching images vs the full image). I've been an android man for forever! But am liking this iPhone....

However the iPhone doesn't seem to want to work with photobucket. It'll load the images, but won't let me copy /paste the URL for some wired reason. Tried using my tablet, but it's soooo damn slow.

Are the pictures on your phone or in the cloud? I use an Iphone but the pictures are saved on my phone not the cloud. Makes it easy to screen capture and edit all at the same time. Either way keep em coming love your work! :)

Quarter extensions are pot metal ...fyi.

That would explain it! lol they are very soft. They gouged real easy while stripping them... luckily only one mounting stud broke. Another one didn't want to work with the original nut when placed back on. Found a smaller nut in my stash that worked... Ofcoarse I put a scratch in the new paint going back on too!

Are the pictures on your phone or in the cloud? I use an Iphone but the pictures are saved on my phone not the cloud. Makes it easy to screen capture and edit all at the same time. Either way keep em coming love your work! :)

They are on the phone. Havnt even tried the cloud yet. (At least I believe they are!) still figuring this thing out.

They will load onto photobucket. Just when I copy the URL, and paste it on here something goes hey wire, and no image. Only part of the link. Like it's not pasting the whole link, only part of it.

Thanks!!

Ok so I click on upload photo
IMG_6579.PNG

Then this screen pops up
IMG_6580.PNG

Then I press select file and this pops up
IMG_6581.PNG

I select Photo Library which takes me to my pictures select what I want once uploaded select insert full image...voila

After sitting here with no wire for the welder, I thought to myself. Wait a min.. you have that quart of all metal sitting here.... it's what this stuff is made for right?? Hopefully.. we will see if it'll hold up. Didn't get any pics, but we've all seen filler work before.

Today masked the car up, and shot on the new Chrysler spinnaker white. I like it! Gives a much more authentic look then the normal gloss white before. A bit more cream colored.

Its got a couple runs here and there. Also the only 3-4 bugs out during winter found the new paint. (ofcoarse)... admittedly it's a little too cold to be painting. During the week is gorgeous. Mid 70s-80s and sunny. Every weekend the last couple months has been in the 60s or lower, with overcast.

Luckily most of the runs will be hidden by trim or doors. Only bad run is in the driver side c pillar. It is the bluesmobile after all though.

IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0513.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG

I'm not gonna sweat the run much. It will probably just stay there. Cover it up with some dirt or something lol.

Got a few day light pics. It's looking good!

Can't wait to spray the black, and start putting her back together!

IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0523.JPG

You're a cheap bastard like me. I can't bring myself to buy masking paper when there's a paper recycling bin down the street. lol

You're a cheap bastard like me. I can't bring myself to buy masking paper when there's a paper recycling bin down the street. lol

Hell yea! Those are the free week old FL news from the gas station lol.

I got fancy, and bought that plastic for masking. It sucks! The tape doesn't want to stick to it. Could get it to work on the windows. But no way it was going to work in the door openings.

Back