The crappy years? There were some cool Mopar cars from 1975-1991 (pre-viper), so list 'em!

Anyone know what the VT roof on this one is? It's not typical for a Cordoba.
1690160890770.png

Now that's really rare, a '74 Dodge Monaco that's not distressed and painted black and white.:rofl:

I looked at a 75 Charger Daytona that needed paint once. And I've always liked the styling of the Magnums.
I was thinking the same thing. 'Survivor' has a whole extra layer of meaning on a 74 Monaco!

1978 Dodge Super Coupe 360 4bbl, sport suspension 0-60 in 9.5 sec. 13 city/17 hiway mpg. Oh well, they tried. (Owner putting Korean raised white tires - poor choice)
78 dodge super coupe.jpg

sport-coupes-dodge-aspen.jpg

Last edited:
Fabulous ads of the 1970's. Babes, sexual innuendo's in almost every car ad. It was a time of little censorship and cancel culture. A great time....if you didn't mind the war....oh and the recession, race wars, violence, dirty cities from smog, rivers catching fire, bad reliability, safety, rust....OK, it wasn't that great but sure seemed more fun that today.
Dodge-Adult-Toys-from-Dodge-brochure-placed-jp.jpg

That LeBaron coupe is a near-spittin'-twin to my Dad's demo he had when he was working for a C-P-D dealer in western Colorado, though his wheels were different. I absolutely loved that car!

Wyatt, when and from where did you get the '78 LeBaron??
I got that near out of an alley on the Northside of Chicago. Found it on Craigslist. Drove it home to plainfield. Daily drove it from 2013-2016 and it was pretty much toast by then.

I've been looking for a decent priced, decent shape manual transmission Rampage for a bit. Would be a nice little parts chaser.
1982_Dodge_Rampage_pickup_at_2019_AACA_Hershey_meet_8of7.jpg

1978 Dodge Super Coupe 360 4bbl, sport suspension 0-60 in 9.5 sec. 13 city/17 hiway mpg. Oh well, they tried. (Owner putting Korean raised white tires - poor choice)
View attachment 612533
View attachment 612534
If California would drop their archaic requirement that cars from 1976 and up pass a Smog Check (at levels they were never designed to pass), I would gladly take anyone of these. I did enjoy driving my 4bbl 360 1979 Cordoba, especially after I changed the ignition and dumped that Lean Burn crap. But for a toy I will not own a smog car. (I did need to put the Lean Burn, and factory air cleaner, back on when it needed to be smog tested.)

There is hope. I'm wondering who the five idiots are who voted against it?

From Motortrend site:

"A new bill proposed by California Senator Ted Gaines (R-El Dorado) that would change the California smog exemption year cutoff from 1975 to 1980 passed through the Senate Committee on Transportation and Housing earlier this week. The next step for SB 1239 is to be approved by the Senate Committee on Appropriations.

The bill passed the first committee in a bipartisan vote of six votes for and five against.
If passed, the bill would exempt cars prior to the 1981 model year from California's biennial smog-check inspections and would open the door for non-CARB (California Air Research Board) drivetrain modifications."

I got that near out of an alley on the Northside of Chicago. Found it on Craigslist. Drove it home to plainfield. Daily drove it from 2013-2016 and it was pretty much toast by then.
Was it wearing the flat wheel covers along with a big dent in the bottom of the gas tank?

I worked on that car right before you bought it. Young friend found it somewhere and asked for my help to get it running and safe to drive. Small world sometimes.....
Had ALOT of fun with that little M. One day if the right one pops up at the right time id consider it. Must have a manual seat. Tim had that 79 and it was power seat with a tilt wheel and it wasn't nearly as comfortable as my 78 for some reason.

Back